Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Angel Investigations Victory)

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Default Re: The Circle of the Black Thorn: Angel Mafia (Game Thread)

On further investigation it looks like this could be a situation where there are simply two factions, and the more we talk, the more we inadvertently reveal which faction we are on.

Leave it to the faction that thinks it is town to out themselves stupidly. I think this game is already over.

Is this like the Left 4 Dead game? Because if so, we've already made game-losing blunders.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Eh? bandwagons are silly so you start one? What?
    I think you need to brush up on what a bandwagon actually is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect The first person to vote on something can never be the bandwagon. Because he has no idea if his vote will be followed by others, the third, fourth etc. on the other hand are in fact the bandwagon voters.
    Want to be a jedi? CLICK HERE

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

How do you lynch mafia without a bandwagon?

That's like voting people for voting. Something is silly with this logic.

Skooma Addict's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Is this like the Left 4 Dead game? Because if so, we've already made game-losing blunders.
    I believe yes, and also most definitely yes to the second part. Camikaze has pretty much confirmed this methinks. I also believe his interpretation of the game to be accurate. Two teams, multiple powers dispersed among them, one faction has to destroy the other etc. One way of proving this would be for someone who is neither Angel nor Black Circle to come forward. If no one does, then we have our answer. But do not worry your deliciously cheesy little head, facing certain death each round is much more fun, no? Bottles up

After actually reading the game description, I noticed Auto sneakily added the phrase "At least" two factions of equal strength. A third may exist, or will soon.

Secura's Avatar Civis

I didn't play that game, and thus don't understand what you mean; care to provide an explanation?

In the meantime, something I noticed from the writeup:
    Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    As Angel recovered from his fight with Spike, several of the others pulled out guns, axes, and other weapons of war and took pot shots at each other, with no result.
    This seems to suggest that multiple people have the ability to kill at night, but they all failed with the exception of Cordy's killer.
    Last edited by Secura; December 14, 2010 at 04:46 AM.

@ATPG, As far as I'm aware, autolycus said he pulled concepts from both L4D mafia and Killer Mafia to set up the game.

So I'd say it's simply two teams. One of which can probably be defined as mafia, and the other as town.

With this said, I'm going to Vote: WarLord.

If he was scanned as Circle Of Black Thorn, then he clearly is. Dead men speak no lies.

Forgot to Vote: War Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Skooma Addict View Post
    After actually reading the game description, I noticed Auto sneakily added the phrase "At least" two factions of equal strength. A third may exist, or will soon.
    Yeah, this is what makes me think it's Angels, Circle and Mafia. The game simply makes no sense otherwise, unless it is simply horrendously designed. And I trust auto to make a game that isn't horrendously designed.

Quote Originally Posted by robbiecon View Post
    So I'd say it's simply two teams. One of which can probably be defined as mafia, and the other as town.
    Even though I've kinda proved that that makes absolutely no sense? Unless you'd like to refute my argument.

I mean, hey, you could be right, but I'd at least like to see some discussion of it, rather than what seems to be a simple assumption contradicting logic as made in your post here.

No there has to be a third team, it's simple. IF there are only two teams it makes no sense, as Angel Investigations would already have lost the majority and as such no Circle of Black Thorn could be lynched.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Yes, there must be an unbalancing factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nictel
    I think you need to brush up on what a bandwagon actually is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect The first person to vote on something can never be the bandwagon. Because he has no idea if his vote will be followed by others, the third, fourth etc. on the other hand are in fact the bandwagon voters.
    You know what I meant, don't get like that on me at 12 o'clock in the morning, it's still early.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    Flax, the reason I believe ATPG is also Black Circle is that he is acting like a prompt for War Lord, so that when War Lord speaks ATPG voices the opinion of the reader, and acts as a way to carry on the coversation to a particular end. It's a tactic he used spectacularly at the end of the Zelda mafia. Interestingly he also seems to be doing it with Camikaze. If you want evidence, look at how they are both posting at the same time, as if they are also in private conversation at the same time.
    Which is what your doing...

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Camikaze View Post
    So what you're saying is that you were deliberately misleading us by claiming War lord as mafia when you know that's not the case.

And @the bolded bit (bolding mine), no one has pointed out thus far why exactly the 'evidence' you posted is incriminating, so much as designed to work towards the achievement of your goal.
    Why exactly am I misleading you? Don't be pedantic about my wording. I haven't actually accused War Lord of being a mafia since I saw your series of posts (which I believe may have some merit, although as ATPG said we can't know for sure), I've instead refered to him as an enemy, and by that I mean an enemy of my team.

It's incriminating, because it reveals War Lord to be a member of the Black Circle. The Black Circle are my team's enemy, and in order for my team to win collectively (not just me) we need to kill all of the Black Circle. You may be right in saying there is a mafia in this game, you may not be, but either way, neither team wins by killing a team called the mafia, so really they are quite irrelevant to the game unless they start inflicting casualties.

Now, I am suspicious of you, because if you were on the Angel Investigations team you would have had no quibbles about voting for War Lord like most others have, when he is Angel Investigation's enemy and needs to die for Angels to win. That's why I think you are Black Circle. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, I need you to die (in game, that is )so that my team can win. Sorry for being so selfish.

Also, if the teams are even, why haven't the Black Circle chosen to vote for someone else en masse to try and save War Lord? If the teams were even, they could have tipped the balance and got the majority vote, especially as Angels is now two people down. From that point on, it could have been plain sailing for them.

You are wrong about there being any connection between myself and War lord. And, I already told you, evidence of my connection to Angel investigations will come next round when my orders have taken effect.
    Well, perhaps I am wrong, after all I have no solid evidence against you like I do against War Lord. And evidently the others in my team have the opinion that it's safer to stick with lynching War Lord rather then following my hunch. Fair enough, it doesn't bother me since War Lord is an enemy and needs to die as a result. Time will tell if you are as you claim, or if my suspicions were correct. So yeah, I go back on what I say, lynch War Lord first, and we'll deal with ATPG and Camikaze later. But it's not like I have any more authority then the next person.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

25 hours remaining
    Vote Tally:
    Warlord: 6-Jr48fan, Nictel, Skooma Addict, classical_hero, robbiecon, TheFlax
    Atpg: 2- Camikaze, Warlord
    Nictel:1- Atpg
    Not Voting: 5- Secura, dcmort93, Gary141, Wideyedwanderer, Treva

If Gary doesn't post today, he will be replaced.
    My NOTW on CFC needs more people:
    Return of the Baron!!

Secura's Avatar Civis

vote: War lord

Have you considered,cpd, that the Circle could also kill off the Mafia?

What's your point War Lord? We (Angels) don't win if we kill the mafia (assuming they are even in the game as a seperate entity), we win if we kill the Black Circle, so your little final plea was a wasted effort.

In case people are feeling lonely: I am able to receive one pm from everyone every day. However I can only send a single pm myself so you might not get an answer right away. So don't take a b52 and carpet bomb me because I don't answer you but if you feel like sharing, could be anything even a strawberry pie recipe, feel free to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    If Gary doesn't post today, he will be replaced.
    Gary has posted today, he just hasn't voted.

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    What's your point War Lord? We (Angels) don't win if we kill the mafia (assuming they are even in the game as a separate entity), we win if we kill the Black Circle, so your little final plea was a wasted effort.
    Assuming their is a slight BC lead over AI at this point,AI will be dead long before they win.

Last night I received a message saying someone attacked me so it's not like there's no proof.How Camikaze knows this is FoS worthy though.
    Last edited by War lord; December 14, 2010 at 02:45 PM.