Thread: Senate Election, by Jupiter I think I have it !

Default Senate Election, by Jupiter I think I have it !

Top o the mornin to ye all !

I mentioned in another thread that I was getting senate elections and four turns per year.
    I have a fresh install of RTW with 1.2 patched from the zipped version (learned about that one the hard way !) I incorporated Marcus Camillus’ 4tpy mod from RTR, the campaign runs from 280AD to 1AD.
    Any way, the only thing I could think of that may be different to any other pc was the fact that I reintroduced Diplomats, however I cant see that affecting the elections scripts.
    So , with a little experimentation I discovered that when ever I changed the start date of the campaign in the STRAT file and then reworked the turn script in the descr_script.txt file the Senate elections became stagnant. Further more, when ever I changed the start date in the descr_strat.txt file and left the script file with the 280 start date I got the same result.
    I am not sure if I am flogging a dead horse here and telling you guys something you already know, has anybody else worked on this problem and come up with the same result ?

On a personal note, I am now happy as a pig in Sh1t I get to prolong the use of my Polybian legions, play four turns a year and get Senate elections. I have tested it thoroughly and have had senate elections every four years (12 turns) with out fail. Two of my family members are slowly working their way up the political ladder. Of course this could all be coincidence and simply the result of my computer developing AI and anticipating my needs to lure me into a relaxed and contented state so it can take over my……….. you never know lol
    Any way, thats the show so far,
    Gach maith dibh
    Slan for now
    Nuada

Thanks again for a great Mod LT, I hope you dont mind me muckin about with it ?

You cant soar like an eagle when you are flying with turkeys

I still am trying to follow the changes causing the no elections. The diplomats have nothing to do with it.

Explain in more detail about the change of date in the descr file and the script, do they have to match, etc. Something doesnt make sense as the script he uses is the same one in SPQR 5.0 except the date is different. oh and your wrong his script goes farther than 1ad. I looked at it.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004