Thread: Unique city models

Default Unique city models

I don't know if you noticed it, but crucial breakthrough was made in creating unique settlements and they are able to put it on campaign map. It's absolutely awesome. I think that can put your settlements project much more alive and useful...

There is link

They are also able to modify generic cities, so for example there can be different city models for each fraction.

Default Re: Unique city models

I've been surprised lately at just how many people are posting this to let us know about it because I've known about this tool since it started being developed in May of 2008. I guess the results of its use haven't been posted in a high profile mod until recently. That makes me realize though how few of you guys have checked out the mod workshop which is probably why we are so short on modders with technical skills. While I appreciate the sentiment, I have to say that there is no way this will be incorporated into DotS unless we get someone on the team who has taken the time to learn how to use it. I'm not trying to be negative, just being realistic so you guys know how much more help we need to make things happen.

If anyone is interested in learning a modding trade, check out this section of the forum:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

I'm checking this forum time to time, but as you said I never seen it in real use. I know, that something like that existed, but even there in settlement project you don't use this features. I understand, that this needs A LOT of work, but I was so amazed by KK's work... It would be great to see it in most expected mod. Maybe not in early versions, but in sometime later... Thanks for answer and good luck in progress you are making...

Quote Originally Posted by motyc View Post
    It would be great to see it in most expected mod. Maybe not in early versions, but in sometime later...
    Yes, it would be very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Well I think that this is something most of us could live without. In my opinion this would take too much time to do and there are just too many and much more important things to do first.

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Agreed with above post.

I do agree with Walkman too.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

That makes four of us. I would gladly have learned about this tool, but my artistic skills are just too limmited, as is the time to improve them. I'll just stick with coding, I think.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.