Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

DragonsWarrior's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

cheers Echbart

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.p...500&uploaded=1

Link for torrent of 0.95 version - for all those who have problems with download.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Good to see that some community guys took the ball up for PI RTW-BI.
    I wish good luck for the ongoing modding

Quoting first post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    So here it goes guys. I've decided to publicly release PI 0.95 version since the last team who volunteered to help finish it hasn't produced any results. As a consequence of this and latest encouragement posts I've done this step in order to prevent dust gathering on top of a nice little product called Paeninsula Italica for RTW BI

We shall see if we get any results from this

Here it is!

As soon as you will select the faction to play with, you will probably encounter a crash to the main menu, due a problem present in the descr_strat file: in the region of Rome there's the temple of Iupiter Latiaris, not present in the building database. I'm pretty sure I haven't fixed that prior I packed this version. You have to erase that building and the campaign will start ...If I remember correctly that building has been only half-implemented by me and thus a CTD.

WARNING - This is not a finished product, far from it. You'll find general guidance of what needs to be done in the mod info. In order to prevent duplication of work I suggest all people who start working on it regularly post here what they have done/finished/changed and attach files that they've done so that others can continue their work on top of what has already been done.

I have by no means the time nor nerves to supervise this mission - you'll have to coordinate amongst yourselves, hope you guys will manage on your own - you are big boys after all aren't you

That's that, good luck.
    Hi Hister, first of all my greetings to you, old friend.
    A note from my perspective, just in case you'll show up here again.

It's not fully to understand, that the PI build didn't work recently, while my work on it has been a lot time ago ( year 2009 ? not sure now ) - but if you remember correctly, the PI build which we had at that time worked properly, not sure which version it was though.
    So in the meantime, other modders "messed" the build up, or what's the case?

Actually, me personally, i never left this PI project with a broken file setup. Just wanna leave this comment here to protect my reputation as guest modder in this project

EDIT

I've checked the time of my contribution: It was in 2008. Just forget my comment, as certainly it is far from a relevance for the recently provided file structure.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 15, 2011 at 12:29 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

To DaVinci

You dont have to worry about that, as im working with files everything is ok, and playable - ofcourse some balancing needs to be done, but your work in this mod is perfect.

Thnks for stoping by!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

No problem, i just lost the tracks regarding this project.

I hope there will be a round full release some day. This PI mod deserves that a lot.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

It's a good thing that this mod is now under some work. A while ago i downloaded one of the preview versions but was pretty much incomplete.
    My question is: can we use the file worked by spartan666 and then download the newest patch?
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Is it normal that my Roman characters have a Greek portrait?

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

To lionheart

Spartans work is included in newest patch. Download it and use it

To General Strabon
    No it is not, please post screenshot.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Oh hi DaVinci!

Pleasant surprise to see you around again! Been long ago since we worked on the mod yep.

0.95 was basically a work in progress where some stuff wasn't fully incorporated across the board but with the exclusion of one bug that made the game ctd at the start of the campaign (not finished implementation of one strat model) everything worked so no need to worry.

Your contribution really pushed the barrier in regards to the quality of the mod so many thanx again for your work!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Well i downloaded it and continue playing the game. For the time beeing i already conquered all Italy. And altough i did reach the faction goal for SPQR i continue playing until the total conquest of the islands. The Syracusans are a pain and Rhegium is almost under siege.
    Also i have noticed in the greek portraits and other thing. Why i have several characters with the sassanid turncoat? Perhaps some changes could be made turning to the peoples of italy like samnite turncoat or celtic turncoat. Someone could arranhe that fixes?

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

I will look into this.

Thanhs. Well i finished the game and conquered all the map.
    Opinion: playing with SPQR is surprisingly easy my most chalenging enemies were the greeks of Syracuse.
    Altough i feel that the unit roster is in some way very limitaded but it's plenty better than one previous version i played.
    Now the peoples sugestion perhaps it's better to increase the agression on Sabini, Umbrian, Sabelians and the gallic factions of the Senones, Boii and Cenomanii.
    The samnites are a good chalenge like the Insubrian, the Veneti, the Ligurians the messapii.
    The Poeni, Apulian, Italiotes and Lucanian were distroyed by other factions so dont know if they are weak or hard. The Brettian, Raetian and Etruscan were in the mid term but that is fine by me.
    Also like i say before several generals have gained the sassanid turncoat trait. Perhaps it will be better to put traits like these: Samnite turncoat, Celtic turncoat, Etruscan and so on make a trait for each faction.
    I also believe that the edu needs some changes. If you begun a game with other faction besides rome you will be slaughtered sooner or later. I must say for accuracy all factions should have the chance to conquer Italy because in this time the most strong factions all have the chance for conquering Italy.
    Also the greek portraits are a bit annoying. Could someone make new ones?
    Well but i liked i hope some progress will continue to be made by all of you guys. Continue your good work.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Thnks for all the info and feedback. Traits will be looked after, but im not an artist so someone else will need to made new portraits. Maybe i will port them from MTW2 version.

Laetus

I enjoyed playing this mod :]

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Thnks for playing and enjoying the mod!

Hello, is there anyway to download this for steam?

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Did you try this version that is for download?

I will down this mod ,thank you!

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

I have a question Is it mod-foldered?????
    If it is please give me the latest version link.
    Thx for everithing

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Yes it is using mod folder. Latest version is posted in firts post of this thread.
    Or this torrent http://www.gameupdates.org/details.p...500&uploaded=1

After you extract it download latest patch found here
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20281...-+patch+II.rar

Thnks for playing it. To all that follow this mod - i have short time finishing this mod, but i plan to release one patch in this summer, hopefully before August.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast