Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Default Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

So here it goes guys. I've decided to publicly release PI 0.95 version since the last team who volunteered to help finish it hasn't produced any results. As a consequence of this and latest encouragement posts I've done this step in order to prevent dust gathering on top of a nice little product called Paeninsula Italica for RTW BI

We shall see if we get any results from this

Here it is!

As soon as you will select the faction to play with, you will probably encounter a crash to the main menu, due a problem present in the descr_strat file: in the region of Rome there's the temple of Iupiter Latiaris, not present in the building database. I'm pretty sure I haven't fixed that prior I packed this version. You have to erase that building and the campaign will start ...If I remember correctly that building has been only half-implemented by me and thus a CTD.

WARNING - This is not a finished product, far from it. You'll find general guidance of what needs to be done in the mod info. In order to prevent duplication of work I suggest all people who start working on it regularly post here what they have done/finished/changed and attach files that they've done so that others can continue their work on top of what has already been done.

I have by no means the time nor nerves to supervise this mission - you'll have to coordinate amongst yourselves, hope you guys will manage on your own - you are big boys after all aren't you

That's that, good luck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

Thanks Hister!

I will try to organize this work to be done. If you are interested contact me or post here ( maybe both ).

I dont have much free time but i have the will to do it.

Default Re: Paeninsula Italica v. 0.95 - released for the general public to work on it!

Havin' trouble downloading it, buddeh. Download always freezes early on. Can you split it into pieces please?

Sorry, no splitting into pieces if only one user reports problems - if majority will have troubles downloading the file then I will reupload it. Sorry but that's it - I have 3 jobs and personal life on top of that so no time nor motivation to devot much time to this project. That's how things stand.

sorry have installed 0.95 over 0.86 and made the same 3times but when i start
    (after delete map.rwm) back to menue.0.86runs
    after delete the game is an error message about strat.xxx dont find xxx

preferences.txt

every thing i change inside when running the game in opinions is changed back.
    is this absolut necessary to run the game or i can this change and if yes how i do?

I have added a "Iupiter Iatiaris" building, so there is no need to edit descr_strat.txt, and replaced all tabs with 4 spaces (this seems to give the game more stability).

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Great!!

Im doing in EDB equestrian buildings editing. It will take some time but i will do it ( a lot of pasting and so on ).

To nom

Delete all previous versions of PI on your computer and extract 0.95 into RTW folder. Then copy and overwrite file that Spartan 666 posted and you have running game.

Preferences.txt in PI subfolder are working ok for me - if i change something it works.
    Last edited by Echbart; December 19, 2010 at 06:12 AM.

Thanx Echbart for helping nom out and working on PI! Here's to seeing your work published here! Cheers.

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Great to see RTW PI still in development. +rep

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Ok d/l vs95 now. I used a Free d/l manager which allows to restart(at 32kbs/sec..aghhh took hours on mine). Have to sort the files out and see what has to be done?

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Great to see that this will be improved & finished ... do well guys , we need a mod like this .
    cheers

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

Downloading it. i love RTW mods

Great guys!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I have the PI vs95 downloaded and looking at your need to do list. Is this up to date? And yes,I did find units missing,UI shows a Italic Hoplite and the old previews show a Lancerii Delecti(spelling oops) missing amongst others.
    Last edited by Kylan271; December 22, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

The list is up to date - you might ask here what others are working on - nothing newer then 0.95 has been released yet besides that quick fix.

I might be wrong but 0.72 version didn't had any more unit models then now - nothing has been taken out, just added. The unit you showed was a WIP that Luciano made but never added to the game 'cos the model was historically wrong - or something down that line.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

After two days ( after work ) of learning edb editing i finally managed error free EDB equestrian buildings for one faction.

Truth to say im glad that i learned it and now im planning to finish it hopefully in start of next week.

To hister - why are in
    C:\Program Files\Rome - Total War\PI\data\world\maps\campaign
    two folders - barbarian invasion and PI ? Im asking to know which descr_strat.txt to change - all this stables must be renamed ufff
    Last edited by Echbart; December 24, 2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: one more question arises

One is newer then the other - which one I forgot - check them with a file compare program (you can find good free versions on the net)and see which one is more elaborate. That is the one you need to work on. Leave the other intact.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Saw this mod in the "Who am I?" thread and got interested. Keep it up guys.

Link to the thread?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast