Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAIN MOD..Version 1.6 Released

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Default Re: SPAIN MOD..Version 1.1 Released

POM, what do you think about to make "dirty" uniforms in the mod?

This guy, is an english private in Antigua island looking for pirates in 1728 -the afroamerican man is an armed slave-. Or this spanish private in Napoleonic period
    Last edited by carricanta; December 28, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Wow POM I was waiting patiently for Spain roster thank you +REP
    fantastic units downloading now - cheers - merry Christmas & all the best for 2011
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

hi,is this compatible with DMUC 6.7 or 6.8beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    I've been using the darth version of this and the Italian States mod with DMUC 6.7 just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
    I've been using the darth version of this and the Italian States mod with DMUC 6.7 just fine.
    may I ask if this overwrites units or just add new ones?thx

DUKE OF CAXIAS's Avatar Civis

Great work Pom!!!! It ads a lot of more gameplay options!!! I would like to sugest when you finished with Spain, make a France Pack, the quality of your model and textures are very hight.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Joedreck has already began to create French unit in his SYW mod.
    But, as French roster is a big one, it could be interesting to merge talented modders efforts

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    But, as French roster is a big one, it could be interesting to merge talented modders efforts
    This may come up as rude, but seeing how much I prefer Pom's Brits overs Joedreck's, I'd really like to see what Pom can come up with for, at least, proper mid-18th Cent. replacements for the French roster. Tastes and colours I guess...
    Actually, those Spanish soldiers could be a very good base to start from.

intrepid's Avatar Civis
    where I live? I don´t really live, I dream.

Impressive units Pom!

Just curiosity, can you post what are going to be your sources for the making of the entire roster?

PS: I have to agree with titanvoyager´s opinion. However I think that, perhaps, it is better to leave the unit as early line infantry and make a late infantry unit (like the sources titanvoyager has provided) that replaces the early when a tecnology was researched.

It adds more units, so much so I actually stopped using AUM as there was just too much.

It adds more units, so much so I actually stopped using AUM as there was just too much.
    so can you guarantee that this mod does NOT cancels\overwrites any units of vanilla and DMUC?

this is I need to know...

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by carricanta View Post
    Ha,ha,ha! If you want to make an English Civil War or 30 Years War Mod, please recruit me like partner in this business, dude
    Thanks Carricanta, just wishing out loud, it's a period that really interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    Right now there is a project about the 30 years war... but disgracely there is no Spain there... so would be nice make one, including Spain
    Will have to check that out.

Yes, in M2TW, in german and in beta version... i wanna download it !
    This is an answer to POM

More generals...

LIEUTENANT GENERAL 1748

CAPITAN GENERAL 1800
    Thanks my friend.

POM, what do you think about to make "dirty" uniforms in the mod?

This guy, is an english private in Antigua island looking for pirates in 1728 -the afroamerican man is an armed slave-. Or this spanish private in Napoleonic period
    I hope to make some of the militia units a little less "parade ground", and more "dirty".

Quote Originally Posted by plissken3 View Post
    Wow POM I was waiting patiently for Spain roster thank you +REP
    fantastic units downloading now - cheers - merry Christmas & all the best for 2011
    Thank you plissken, I'm a little late but the same to you

Thanks for the answer VirtualSmitty

I have posted an answer to you, but it does overwrite vanilla units as well as add new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE OF CAXIAS View Post
    Great work Pom!!!! It ads a lot of more gameplay options!!! I would like to sugest when you finished with Spain, make a France Pack, the quality of your model and textures are very hight.
    Thank you DUKE OF CAXIAS, I'm not making any plans for after Spain just yet, and as wangrin says below joedreck will be doing some units.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Thanks wangrin, looking forward to the collaboration between you and joedreck.

Quote Originally Posted by TiFlo View Post
    This may come up as rude, but seeing how much I prefer Pom's Brits overs Joedreck's, I'd really like to see what Pom can come up with for, at least, proper mid-18th Cent. replacements for the French roster. Tastes and colours I guess...
    Actually, those Spanish soldiers could be a very good base to start from.
    Thank you TiFlo, you can thank joedreck for helping me when I was ready to give up modding, he is a generous man, and your right we all have our own preferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Impressive units Pom!

Just curiosity, can you post what are going to be your sources for the making of the entire roster?

PS: I have to agree with titanvoyager´s opinion. However I think that, perhaps, it is better to leave the unit as early line infantry and make a late infantry unit (like the sources titanvoyager has provided) that replaces the early when a tecnology was researched.
    Carricanta is providing me with all the research, from many sources, as for the replacing of the uniforms from early to late, I have an idea about that, but not something I will worry about just yet, and thanks

Thanks again.

so can you guarantee that this mod does NOT cancels\overwrites any units of vanilla and DMUC?

this is I need to know...
    See above.

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Hi Pom. This might be a little of toppic but could you include spanish marines/naval in your spainmod. Meaby something realistic from kronoskaf. I know that AUM-mod has naval crew but those spanish marines are from like the american revolution period.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeat View Post
    Hi Pom. This might be a little of toppic but could you include spanish marines/naval in your spainmod. Meaby something realistic from kronoskaf. I know that AUM-mod has naval crew but those spanish marines are from like the american revolution period.

Cheers
    Already sorted, Carricanta has given me 2 uniforms to choose from, so you will get some new marines on board.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Already sorted, Carricanta has given me 2 uniforms to choose from, so you will get some new marines on board.
    Well, four uniforms really

In the first post, a militiaman from Cuba, a marine grenadier, and the guy in red is a marine too, in the second post a private from the Real Cuerpo de Galeras (mediterranean theater) 1738, the third is an early marine 1757 and the last plate, a typical uniform from late period

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

In the first post, a militiaman from Cuba, a marine grenadier, and the guy in red is a marine too, in the second post a private from the Real Cuerpo de Galeras (mediterranean theater) 1738, the third is an early marine 1757 and the last plate, a typical uniform from late period
    What year is the picture of the marine-grenadier from Carricanta? I'd like to get an idea when bearhats (as opposed to mitre caps) became dominant in the Spanish grenadier regiments. Interesting too to see the bluecoated Spanish soldier in the second picture in 1738 still wearing the early-style fullcoats without lapels - just as the Portuguese did according to "Milicia Pratica" (written 1740 by Bento Gomes Coelho and mentioned in Sr Rodrigues' book "300 Anos").
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; December 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I think I'll go with the 3rd option, the coat looks a cream colour is that right or should it be white?
    anyway thanks for this, still won't let me +Rep you again, I must owe you a sack full by now.
    Have a great new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    What year is the picture of the marine-grenadier from Carricanta? I'd like to get an idea when bearhats (as opposed to mitre caps) became dominant in the Spanish grenadier regiments. Interesting too to see the bluecoated Spanish soldier in the second picture in 1738 still wearing the early-style fullcoats without lapels - just as the Portuguese did according to "Milicia Pratica" (written 1740 by Bento Gomes Coelho and mentioned in Sr Rodrigues' book "300 Anos").
    Have a good new year Geronimo

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    I think I'll go with the 3rd option, the coat looks a cream colour is that right or should it be white?
    anyway thanks for this, still won't let me +Rep you again, I must owe you a sack full by now.
    Have a great new year.

Have a good new year Geronimo
    I will try Pom and you have one too!
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thanks POM, i wish you a Happy New year for you and your family (and for the TW Center family too, of course)

Well, about curious uniforms...

1. Milicia de Canarias 1797

2. Regimiento de Macedonia (or Medina Sidonia?), a spanish regiment in Napoles (1755)*

*An awesome link with the Spanish Regiments in Napoles (1755) and the italian regiments under spanish flag

http://www.aulamilitar.com/

Switch " Estado Militar de 1755" directly and "siguiente" -next in english-

with regiments like

Regimiento de Infantería Val di Mazara

Regimiento Infantería Farnesio

Regimiento Nacional Basilicata

Because, when we talk about the Spanish Soldiers in the XVIII century, we must don´t forget the Americas, Filipinas, the Valons and the Italians

Last edited by carricanta; December 31, 2010 at 04:10 AM.

Last edited by carricanta; December 30, 2010 at 06:01 PM.