Thread: Mamertine Mod

Default Mamertine Mod

That's right,this mod needs submods.Submods.I don't think that the mod developers will develop all the player want by themselves forever.Players on the long time become tired of the same game.So I did this thread,to kickstart,to encourage,the developing of submods.Me myself am developing one in this moment.It replaces the Roman Rebels with the Mamertines.Yes,the campanian samnite guys who took over Messina/Messena/Messana and started to plunder lands and seas.I'm making them into a faction.What I did so far was renaming,making the Samnite Milites available for them,and giving them the horde ability,and removing the shadowing,so if a roman region rebels,it doesn't comes with me I can say it's in an alpha state.I still need to give them more units,such as the Oscan Cavalry,the Sacred Legion,the Campanian Hoplites,the Light Mamertines,the Heavy Mamertines and more.I also need to give them a symbol and a map,one of the ones you guys see in the faction selection screen.To add the concept of Samnite colonies too would be cool.This is my first mod ever for RTW,and Extended Cultures had the "honor",the "privilege"to be my starting base
    So,what do I need?People who help me making a symbol,a map,giving them more units,and even giving the units some sprites,some icons,would be cool.I also plan to release the mod,not to see if the mod is downloaded,but to see if I'm good at modding.Who knows?maybe I'll even go further in developing more complex things in the future.
    With this I'm also saying that to make a subforum about submods would be a nice thing.Hopefully,this thread will encourage the people to do amatorial works on this mod
    Last edited by Altzek; December 07, 2010 at 05:13 AM.

Default Re: Mamertine Mod

I don't doubt that this will one day have sub-mods, it's too good a mod not to have any!

However, it is still a work in progress, and I doubt there will be any until the mod is completed.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Also true, the peace of evolution is a bit too high right now for stable sub-modding.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Well we're in the final stages of the mod,and new versions arrive every death of pope(or maybe it's me that am too impatient)so submods could be nice even now.

Wow, popes die quite often over there... Something tells me you're italian
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Something tells me you're right.I'm a proud inhabitant of Berlusconia.

Well, with a bit of luck in a week no more of that crap... We'll just see what will follow
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad93 View Post
    new versions arrive every death of pope
    WHAT?
    Why was I not informed of this?

I'm going to the Vatican...

Better pray for the poor fella as 1.1 is likely to come this weekend.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: