Thread: Borrow a few members?

Default Borrow a few members?

I don't suppose since this mod has finally been released that TTW could borrow a few members who are capable of editing the text files in RTW so that we can add our units and buildings etc to the game? We are still lacking such people after the unexplained loss of our coder. Any help would be much appreciated.

Emperor Dimitricus's Avatar Royal Corps Of Signals

what do you need?

I am currently working on the code for units but have no idea how to replace all of the origional stuff from rome.

We need somebody to get the map working with v1.6 (we have a beta map)

We need the units put in game (the descr_model_battle, export_units, export_descr_units, and export_descr_unit_enums should all be done soon - but not a part of the game as i don't know how to replace the origional stuff)

We need to work on descr_start to get the campaign up and running.
    We need to change the buildings list.
    We need our banners added.

So as you can see, in desperate need of text file editors
    I have a small team working on finishing and balancing the unit code. Darth Vader will be doing the balancing.

I'm going to pretend people read this lol.

Pretty please can you send a text file editor our way for a short period of time.

I can't answer officially, but we are having severe manpower shortages in EB. The worst in a year I would say. We desperately need the same sort of people and we are virtually without skinners right now also.

Artifex

I can help answer any questions you may have or help you overcome any difficulties, but as I'm the only person who works on the code aside from unit balancing, building work, and the scripts and traits, I'm afraid you can't borrow "one of" our text people. Since I am he.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Can I borrow some of EB too? My car is getting kinda dirty and could use a tune up. Also there is the matter of my bathtub.. it's getting pretty grimy...

I can help answer any questions you have about traits and ancillaries, but am pretty busy (check the progress-o-meter in my sig!)

Quote Originally Posted by Khelvan
    I can help answer any questions you may have or help you overcome any difficulties, but as I'm the only person who works on the code aside from unit balancing, building work, and the scripts and traits, I'm afraid you can't borrow "one of" our text people. Since I am he.
    Ok thanks

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ricimer
    Can I borrow some of EB too? My car is getting kinda dirty and could use a tune up. Also there is the matter of my bathtub.. it's getting pretty grimy...
    Send me wine, women, and song and we can work something out.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca