Thread: Makedonia, IMPOSSIBLE ?!

Default Makedonia, IMPOSSIBLE ?!

I mean, all their citys have an income of -2000 ate least ! after the 2nd turn i have -22.000 !
    WTH! ?
    help me plz!

I will kick some english ass in braveheart style ;D

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by najak
    I mean, all their citys have an income of -2000 ate least ! after the 2nd turn i have -22.000 !
    WTH! ?
    help me plz!
    I'm currently playing with Makedonia and having a great time. After like 10 turns I was out of the red. What I did was disband my entire fleet and all the units on the two islands leaving only 1 hoplite unit in every city. Then I mobilised every unit leaving only 1 hoplite unit in every city. I then crushed the Greeks and after that took some rebel cities. Then I attacked Epirus and from there on I was ok. Then whent to Pergamum and the other city south of Sardis. If you do this I assure you you will become very wealthy. Also don't build any building or make any unit at the start of the game. Only start building roads and farms when you're out of the red. Good luck .
    In patronicvm svb Jesus The Inane

u sux thatīs why , u need to disband some expensive units or conquest fast, eb is easy , mostly cuz 1.2 makes the game ai stupid.

People foget its a 4 turn game now , be patient and make economic improvements , its easy, 1.2 patch = easy

Conquer! Disband the units you dont need and take them cities, and tax the bejesus out of the cities till you get some balance.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

Lord Agelmar's Avatar Tiro

I didnt disband anything, just went on a conquering spree. By 260 i was out of the red and in control of all of greece. Just keep capturing cities to spread out your upkeep cost.
    "We've made the ferryman wait this long, lets make him wait a little longer."
    "The Legions will not fail you, do not fail them." Roma Mod

geez, i suck ok ok, thx for the tips!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Often enough, your core cities will only need a family member to stay happy, in EB. Most of my military units, when i play EB, are all in one big army, that is always where I need it. Two front wars are basically, erm, hard, because of this, but thats how it was.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

If one can keep the Casse faction (one city) from ever going into the red zone. Then getting rich with Macedon should not be a problem.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Corvus's Avatar Laetus

Admittedly the Macedonians do have a slight problem given their expensive military upkeep costs, thankfully that happens to be a very useful liability. As so many have stated, conquer! I blitzed the Greeks, seized Sparta on the second turn, took Athens leaving their faction leader stranded on Crete. Kept the ships around a while longer for the invasion of Rhodes. At the end of it all, I was nearly a hundred thousand in debt, having conquered the two Epirote provinces on the coast, eliminated the Koinon Hellenes and several frontier provinces. Things went well after that.

Quote Originally Posted by najak
    WTH! ?
    help me plz!
    .....do you even know how to play RTW?

Sorry but....you are running out of money, think logically! Whats a good idea? 1) Go on conquests to get the money or 2) Cut back on the military spending. It's not hard, it's the basic skill level in TW!

the beginning for macedon is a little tough, but once you get rolling and can subdue the greeks it really takes a little bit of the load off. especially if you don't execute the citizens of athens and sparta, a much needed nice population boost, and in RTW, population = money

Civitate

Makedonia isn't that tough. I've got like 50 cities from Getai regions to Makedonia and everything beneath. Also some East Turkey cities which are quite wealthy. I started with Pella having like a -2500 income. Now it is +2500 along with Athens and Pergamum. Population is no longer an issue. My largest population is in Korinthos around 11.000. I have an anual income of around +25000 so everything is great. I'm taking over Kreta and Rhodos but after that I don't know who to face. The Romans are very powerful but I think I can take them. I am though experiencing a lot of CTD's and I think the buildings are just a little bit to expensive. Other than that EB is amazing and I am enjoying every minute playing!
    In patronicvm svb Jesus The Inane

I was just wandering by Pella with a diplomat, and Epiros snatched it from them there and then...

Adler's Avatar Libertus

I think EB is just a very different animal. It is a lot slower, & a lot harder. As the Romans I have toasted Ep, K.Hellios & Mak. Just because they stupidly declared war on me whilst they where at war with others. My Rome holds the Alpes-Danube Line includine Massilia, Sardinai, Corsica & all of Sicilia, Krete & Rhodes. I have of Greece too. But in the last five turns both Pontus & Seleucids, have decled war on me, along with the Getia/Dacia. Now Averni is also at war, my big armies are getting whilted down to nothing & although I captured half on Anatolia I am lossing provinces as I cant make any troops in the east short of some **** units in central Illyria. I cant even ship them around fast enough. Money is not a problem, vege defence units are. No one will give me peace for even vast amounts of money & the line will soon fold. I am trying to stabilize the western front by pilliging cities & giving them to the Gaul or Germany as they are all fighting amongst them selves. But like others, the Averni are just generating these massive stacks faster than I can kill them. I have almost anihalated Dacia/Getia, but they two have made two large stacks nearn their last city & I am not sure if my dwindeling 4th legion can toast them before I have to march back to Italy for replenishment. I have no way of holding Anatolia now, I have just left the legions that are there defending in cities & pulled the good leaders out I only have 5 cities that can make Italian troops, even the ones that have level I govt buildings dont make anything useful. It seems to me that those places should provide something useful.

I still love the game, it is hard... but I love capturing places to see if they have any special atributes. I spent the first 3 hours of the game reading all the info on the units & buildings... good work EB

Whilst typing this I have just thought of Mercinaries, I have never used them ever as you cant replenish them, but I think they may help hold the line... I assume we have them? BBL!
    I have traversed Roman ruins from Israel, Egypt, Greece, Jordan & Italy.

Believe me, playing the game is more fun!

Chris

I'm still in the midst of a Makedonian campaign. You will go into debt very quickly (this is scripted), but you can conquer Greece pretty easily just with your starting troops. They're militia hoplites for the most part, but the few Hetairoi and Hippeis Thessalikoi you have should be enough to tip the balance in your favour. After Koinon Hellenon was brought to its knees, I concentrated on Epeiros. Pyrrhos decided to take me on himself with a fairly large army, but after he was killed by my own cavalry wing the rest of his army crumbled. It did destroy a large chunk of my own army, of course, but enough was left to be able to take all of Epeiros' Greek holdings.

After Greece, Makedon and Epeiros is under your command, give them all the highest government buildings. Go take Krete and Rhodos and watch your trade income blossom. Shortly after this, I personally went for the western coast of Asia Minor, since they had all gone independent, while building the higher-level MIC's in Greece (particularly in Pella and Thessaly, basically just for the Pezhetairoi and the cavalry). You'll find that your enemies in Asia Minor will have lots and lots of javelin troops, so stock up on archers and slingers.

But yes, you get the idea.

Caio Mario's Avatar Civis

I'm playing macedonia.... first of all i disband my fleet. I don't need it. In two turns I conquered Sparta and Athens. Then Thermon and the two cities of the epirotes. Now I have a surplus of 3800 and I'm out of the red....(year 268 BC) Now I have to conquer some other cities!!
    Last edited by Caio Mario; January 05, 2006 at 06:05 AM.

I also play as the makedonia. It the best i think. First turn get all your units into under one general and go for Epeiros, thier elephants might do some damage but get missel troops. Anyways i took 2 of thier cities first than went for the Greeks. Killed them that went to Anatolia taking rebel cities. Now i have taken 4 rebel cities in anatolia cause pontus was having a hard time with and i got it before them. Now im goin for the rest of the islands in the meditariania, i already took krete and rhodes, now for sicily, cyprus. But things are a little hard. The egyptian faction has threatened me with war if i do not pay tributes, withc i did not, and the selecuids are massing armies in anatolia, and Rome is expaned right next to me and dacia too. Now i have over 140,000 gold, and i keep making armies and still i am making about 25k each turn, and i dont want that much, atleast now, but if i happen to be at war with Rome, pontus, Selucids, ptolm and dacians at the same time, im gona need it. I would not be surprised if this happened.

Now i am totaly scared, cause with my Carthage campaign i was in a two front war with Egypt and ilberia and Rome seemed to want sicily, and i got destroy cause i could not bring reinforcements fast enough to the two fronts. I dont want the same to happen to my Makedonian campaign. But we will see.

I just started a new game as Makedonia... first turn I look at my financial situation and think 'hmm... not good...' so I disband my fleets as I don't need them. Then I think, 'ok, I want to fight HK first, so I might as well try and get peace with Eperios' - so I sent my diplomat to their capital, and get a ceasefire. Then I notice the protectorate option has become available, so just out of curiosity I try and... they accept So that's my financial situation assured haha. Average of 16k a turn from them. So no, they're definitely not impossible

I'm currently having lots of trouble keeping unrest down in Asia Minor. I can't move my two "Royal" armies (fairly experienced Pezhetairoi, archers and cavalry...the rest of my armies are just whatever local troops I can get to keep order) because their generals are the only ones keeping the populace happy; having a general inside the city may give them 120%+ public order, but as soon as he moves out (but the army stays in) the city goes to 0%.

And now the Romans have pushed through Illyria and are beginning to attack me. And this caused the Getai to break their alliance with me. Meanwhile my Faction Heir and his Royal army was chased around the Mediterranean by two Pontic fleets and was almost destroyed in one battle...nasty.

In short: I'm lovin' this campaign! It's damn hard to keep an empire held together, and it feels like I could fall at any time now. I've already suffered one humiliating defeat against Pontos, but that was an inexperienced army against all of the troops they could muster. They're now down to 1 city but are still pumping out armies (mostly of mercenaries). But I can't finish them off, as my armies are immobilised by the need to keep order...

k k, i already started a new campaign and already conquered greece! thx for the tips