Thread: having problems...

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default having problems...

well i downloaded the mod since it looks really cool,and after some 20 minutes of trying to understand what exactly the read me wants me to do,i placed the WHTW folder inside the RTW folder,and after another 20 minutes of trying to figure it out i decided that shortcut provided goes to the RTW main folder,otherwise the game wont start apparently.
    then when it finally launched i went to campaign and noticed some problems(factions having regular RTW descriptions,and faction signs,and also no map to show me where the faction is located).
    i decided to ignore that,i choose them islanders(who are apparently germans,or so the game claims) and decided to look around the cool looking map,but alas i noticed that huge portions of the map are purple,which means i have missing textures...

what am i doing wrong?and please,for next release improve the read me,for example what expansions for the game are needed for the mod to work?i noticed it wont launch at all without barbarian invasion,but do i need alexander as well?what version of the game is required?
    where exactly do i need to put everything?the "under your RTW folder" doesnt really explain that too well.
    do i need to merge the RTW data folder with the WHTW one?when i do that it wont let me select any factions other then the 1st 3 or else it crashes...what do i do?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: having problems...

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    well i downloaded the mod since it looks really cool,and after some 20 minutes of trying to understand what exactly the read me wants me to do,i placed the WHTW folder inside the RTW folder,and after another 20 minutes of trying to figure it out i decided that shortcut provided goes to the RTW main folder,otherwise the game wont start apparently.
    then when it finally launched i went to campaign and noticed some problems(factions having regular RTW descriptions,and faction signs,and also no map to show me where the faction is located).
    i decided to ignore that,i choose them islanders(who are apparently germans,or so the game claims) and decided to look around the cool looking map,but alas i noticed that huge portions of the map are purple,which means i have missing textures...

what am i doing wrong?and please,for next release improve the read me,for example what expansions for the game are needed for the mod to work?i noticed it wont launch at all without barbarian invasion,but do i need alexander as well?what version of the game is required?
    where exactly do i need to put everything?the "under your RTW folder" doesnt really explain that too well.
    do i need to merge the RTW data folder with the WHTW one?when i do that it wont let me select any factions other then the 1st 3 or else it crashes...what do i do?
    you're doing nothing wrong, but you need to remember this is very, very early release imagine those are areas of the deadly pink

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Can we have screenshots of the purple map, please?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

pictures?i guess i can try
    edit:choosing high elves crashes my game...
    edit2:here are the pic's:

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)

edit 3:lol sorry about all this editing
    well,im playing as the dragon islanders and i have to say the "chaos dwarves"/thrace are impossible to defeat.
    i had an army of 500 soldiers and they attacked me with 1 general and his body guards(those things that look like bulls and fire some sort of fire balls?).i lost.
    and im playing an easy...i havent managed to kill a single one of his bodyguards...this forced me to use "auto_win defender" because this is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; December 05, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Yep, you are definately missing the map textures, or at least have their path altered. You say it won't work without BI, did you make a copy of the BI shortcut instead of the RTW one by accident maybe?

You don't want to merge WHTW with anything else, it should just sit in the same place as the RTW data folder. But you said you did try to merge it with the data folder, so you will need to reinstall RTW if you didn't make a backup.

This is your best bet - just delete everything and start over fresh.

i did start over fresh...some 5 times XD
    when merging them it just crushes on the faction selection screen,so i had to re-install but since that was the only thing by then that i managed to do inorder for the game to launch i did it again and had to re-install again... =\
    no i didnt create a shortcut from BI i just placed the one provided along with it and with the regular RTW one...do i need to merge them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade_general View Post
    Yep, you are definately missing the map textures, or at least have their path altered. You say it won't work without BI, did you make a copy of the BI shortcut instead of the RTW one by accident maybe?

You don't want to merge WHTW with anything else, it should just sit in the same place as the RTW data folder. But you said you did try to merge it with the data folder, so you will need to reinstall RTW if you didn't make a backup.

This is your best bet - just delete everything and start over fresh.
    I'm having the same thing as him

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

also the readme claims thers many new buildings but the islanders seem to only have vanilla buildings(inclueding some german shrine)...is this normal?

also the readme claims thers many new buildings but the islanders seem to only have vanilla buildings(inclueding some german shrine)...is this normal?
    ...new buildings meaning, not those normal barrack and building systems

but i do get the normal ones,only one building that you wont get regularly,the rest is exactly the same..
    also,why cant i grow larger then small cities?

but i do get the normal ones,only one building that you wont get regularly,the rest is exactly the same..
    also,why cant i grow larger then small cities?
    why not? its better that way

how is that better?if cities dont grow i dont get new buildings such as walls or farms or markets which would help my economy...and my economy happens to be awful

how is that better?if cities dont grow i dont get new buildings such as walls or farms or markets which would help my economy...and my economy happens to be awful
    dispand your units, and its much funnier to fight in reaonable sized cities, not in those monster that vanilla has. and I think huge city levels are saved for special settlements