Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hellenic States

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The Hellenic States

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Ehmm... There are a lot of tutorials on TWC and the one describing the process of adding a new unit to the game is the easiest indeed.
    Anyway, I'm too lazy to write such a tutorial again, so here are all required changes, all required files in correct places, in the other words, ALL Just copy/paste and you'll get them in your campaign. However, first you must go to THS\data\world\maps\base and THS\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and manually delete files named "map.rwm" if exist. And make sure you have installed my sprites fix! (attached to first post). Enjoy!
    Works like a charm, thanks!
    Forgot to delete that map file though.. What does it do?

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Ehmm... There are a lot of tutorials on TWC and the one describing the process of adding a new unit to the game is the easiest indeed.
    Anyway, I'm too lazy to write such a tutorial again, so here are all required changes, all required files in correct places, in the other words, ALL Just copy/paste and you'll get them in your campaign. However, first you must go to THS\data\world\maps\base and THS\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and manually delete files named "map.rwm" if exist. And make sure you have installed my sprites fix! (attached to first post). Enjoy!
    Lanjane, if you're goin to create a patch for this mod, make sure you've red all the precedent messages! Anyway, I believe you should wait other 2-3 days so that other problems/suggestions come out!

---

EDIT - Oh-oh...talking about problems...I get a CTD playing as Macedon. The year is the 290. When I end the turn every factions' turn passes (I believe even the rebels' one) and then the game crashes without giving me any message! (should I upload the save?)
    Last edited by Cinuz; December 06, 2010 at 06:58 AM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've created a new unit for this mod. The initial idea was to change massalian swordsmen, because they are too weak for tier III infantry. Well, my unit is something like helleno-barbaric swordsmen with greek armor, and barbarian shield and sword.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UI's and sprite are included. However UI card probably need to be toned down a bit to fit other massalian units.
    Do you mind if I suggest this unit to DimeBagHo for inclusion in XGM? It'd make a great AOR/mercenary unit for the Massilia region in that mod.

the archers of the Seleucid Empire disapear when i zoom out.
    when i zoom in to them closer then they just appear in there bleu outfits..

is there a fix ?

edit:

hmm the file is not avaible,
    i'll try it out later.
    Last edited by Lucarius; December 06, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarius View Post
    the archers of the Seleucid Empire disapear when i zoom out.
    when i zoom in to them closer then they just appear in there bleu outfits..

is there a fix ?
    Check the bottom part of the OP
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Sabazios
    Every time you start/load a campaign, the game generates a file map.rwm which contains information about hidden resources, mercenary pools, etc. So it is recommended to delete such a file if you make any changes in faction recruitment.

Cinuz
    Sure, I'll wait for more suggestions. You can help with a patch too.

Spartan198
    Of course you may use them if you wish Let me know if you will need new UI cards (in case of re-skinning), I'll re-render them.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabanana View Post
    Check the bottom part of the OP
    omg i really need glasses
    a well, it's almost christmas. so it could be a nice gift.

edit:

hmm the file is not avaible,
    i'll try it out later.
    Last edited by Lucarius; December 06, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Lucarius
    Megaupload seems to be a buggy file hosting, so I'll attach sprites fix to my post.

Note: The file is exactly the same as the one linked in the bottom of first post.
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 06, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Lucarius
    Megaupload seems to be a buggy file hosting, so I'll attach sprites fix to my post.

Note: The file is exactly the same as the one linked in the bottom of first post.
    Many Thanks !
    i'm loving this mod.

+Rep

Edit:

haha i don't wanna be an annoying person but now the unit card and the skin for Epirus/Hoplites are gone.
    i can still play the game but on the unit card stands a peasant with grey outfit.
    and when i play them in-game they have the macedonian colours. (black/orange)
    Last edited by Lucarius; December 06, 2010 at 01:15 PM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Cinuz
    Sure, I'll wait for more suggestions. You can help with a patch too.
    Sure! Let me know if you got any idea for a patch and if I can do anything to help you!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Lucarius
    I wonder what do hoplites do there, because Epirus haven't them in its roster. Perhaps comrade_general forgot to delete them from a starting Epirote city. Thanks for the report!
    I'm sure there won't be any further problems with that hoplites except missing UI's

Cinuz
    You can help with new ideas and suggestions
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Lucarius
    I wonder what do hoplites do there, because Epirus haven't them in its roster. Perhaps comrade_general forgot to delete them from a starting Epirote city. Thanks for the report!
    I'm sure there won't be any further problems with that hoplites except missing UI's

Allright thanks for telling me that.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

A new unit for Epirus, Italic Skirmishers. They are very effective light infantry, and can harass enemy with javelins and then join a battle line as light spearmen. Let the Epirus rock!

Last edited by Lanjane; December 07, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

debux's Avatar Senator

Is Carthage's rooster changed?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Nope.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Not yet, but it can be improved with your help Just tell what units to add them.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Wide range of mercenary units available from shipwright (spanish infantry, samnites, numidians, barbarian infantry and cavalry) and perhaps something along the lines of "Liby-Phoenicien Infantry" (more or less on par with spanish mercs) and "Liby-Phoenicien Heavy Infantry" (more or less on par with Thoriakati) would be (IMO) best case scenario. Perhaps slightly altered aesthetics for Poeni Infantry and Libyan Spearmen would help as well.

LP Infantry-

LP Heavy Infantry-

Various reskinned mercs-

Before we get carried away, these are NOT mine, and I take NO credit for them. These are theroretical reskins taken from screenshots from Andalus's (unfortunately dead) Additional Unit Pack (http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/f...,0,0,10&st=350).

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Thanks, I'll take a look at them tomorrow.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

debux's Avatar Senator

I hope it's not Andalus who is dead...

I was playing vanilla today (to remeber the vanilla skins and all that) and I thought that maybe it could look something like this:
    Barracks: Militia
    Militia Barracks: Iberian Inf, Lybian Spearmen (+ above)
    City Barracks: Scutarii (make them Carthage whitish), Liby-Poeni Pikemen (the original poeni infantry) (+ above)
    Army Barracks: Liby-Poeni Infantry (kind of the original poeni inf, with slight modifications on shield and armour), Sacred Band (maybe make them spearmen, so that they don't become the inf of the line) (+ above)

How's that? That way Carthage doesn't depend solely on a phalanx infantry line (what happens with the Sacred Band on vanilla), using sword infantry and relying even more on their strong Cavalry Branch (which I'd also like to mod)

Sincerely, I'd looooove to do it myself. Just gotta get out of school (15.12)

Oh, and great find Achea, I find that thing of recruiting mecs on the shipwright great (although I wonder who would ever use barbarian warbands), just coincides with the Army Barracks, which (would) offer mid-range units
    Last edited by debux; December 06, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I hope it's not Andalus who is dead...
    I meant the pack was dead, sorry. And I forgot to mention that the LP Infantry and their heavy counterparts would be equipped with swords, not pikes. That leaves room on the roster for the Poeni Infantry and Libyan Spearmen. So many phalanxes would be redundant.