Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hellenic States

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hellenic States

Uhm...a side note: in the initial loading screen there's the quote "all men reach and fall...reach and fall"; shouldn't it be "rise and fall"?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Cinuz
    Nope, actually "reach and fall": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0346491/quotes?qt0382210
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Okay, didn't knew that! I've seen Alexander only in italian

Also, I was thinking: the illyrians by the time the mod begins, was somewhat hellenised; for this reason I think they should have in their unit roaster a unit of milita hoplites. To show their "barbarous nature" a beard and, I don't know, a shirt could be added to their texture. This could be introduced in a future patch

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Okay, didn't knew that! I've seen Alexander only in italian

Also, I was thinking: the illyrians by the time the mod begins, was somewhat hellenised; for this reason I think they should have in their unit roaster a unit of milita hoplites. To show their "barbarous nature" a beard and, I don't know, a shirt could be added to their texture. This could be introduced in a future patch
    not militia, but normal hoplites, because only rich Illyrians were aple to buy hoplite equiptment

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Downloading

Edit:

Good work !
    there is only one thing i noticed.

the archers of the Seleucid Empire disapear when i zoom out.
    when i zoom in to them closer then they just appear in there bleu outfits..

Last edited by Lucarius; December 05, 2010 at 02:14 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

I've created a new unit for this mod. The initial idea was to change massalian swordsmen, because they are too weak for tier III infantry. Well, my unit is something like helleno-barbaric swordsmen with greek armor, and barbarian shield and sword.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

UI's and sprite are included. However UI card probably need to be toned down a bit to fit other massalian units.

/old attachment deleted as there are newer version available - Lanjane/
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 07, 2010 at 01:02 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

wow nice

where do i put those 3 sprite files? was able to locate the other files but cant find these.
    Last edited by Sabazios; December 05, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Very nice!!

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Thanks to all!

I'm seeing a lot of new suggestions coming in quite soon (on more than one of my mods), If someone *cough* Lanjane or a few of you want to make some more of these changes and gather them all together in a patch I will gladly add it with the mod post. I just need a break

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

looks cool gonna download.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Sabazios
    Sprite files must go to THS/data/sprites folder
    Then they can be referenced by descr_model_battle.txt, for example:

Code:
    type				massalian_swordsmen
    skeleton			fs_swordsman
    indiv_range			40
    texture			numidia, ths/data/models_unit/textures/unit_massalian_swordsmen.tga
    model_flexi_m		THS/data/models_unit/unit_massalian_swordsmen.cas, 8
    model_flexi_m		THS/data/models_unit/unit_massalian_swordsmen.cas, 15
    model_flexi			THS/data/models_unit/unit_massalian_swordsmen.cas, 30
    model_flexi			THS/data/models_unit/unit_massalian_swordsmen.cas, max
    model_sprite		numidia, 60.0, THS/data/sprites/numidia_massalian_swordsmen_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

comrade_general
    Sure, no prob
    Btw, please attach this link to the first post - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8VKTYWS
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 05, 2010 at 05:30 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Well, I'm impressed! I particularly like the Rebel faction, due to it making life hard if you wish to take their provinces (particularly surrounding the Barbarian factions, very realistic).

As usual, I have a few suggestions;
    - Sprites need fixing in the Antigonids.
    - The Antigonids are very strong, but historically should collapse 2 years into the campaign. I'd give the Seleucids, Ptolemies and the Thracians a decent (militia) stack of troops to border the Antigonids, and set those factions to start as Enemies with the Antigonids. Of course, I'd give the Antigonids 3 similar stacks to counter them, but if one loses it leaves them open.

I'll have more soon, you know how much I love to help
    Last edited by Apollyon; December 05, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Apollyon
    Sprites already fixed See first post for details.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Regarding the Antigonids - I did what I thought was enough to set the Antigonids back a step at campaign start. They are still overpowered, but let us recall vanilla RTW, with its overpowered and historically inaccurate Egypt which pwns the east 90% of the time. It's just a part of the game that you have to accept if you play vanilla. But in my tests of THS, I can attest that the Antigonids pwned the east at a much lower rate than our vanilla Egyptians.

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, I'm impressed! I particularly like the Rebel faction, due to it making life hard if you wish to take their provinces (particularly surrounding the Barbarian factions, very realistic).
    I agree, rebel provinces are much more of a challenge to take with the changes. Might I also suggest landbridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    I've created a new unit for this mod. The initial idea was to change massalian swordsmen, because they are too weak for tier III infantry. Well, my unit is something like helleno-barbaric swordsmen with greek armor, and barbarian shield and sword.

UI's and sprite are included. However UI card probably need to be toned down a bit to fit other massalian units.
    That looks awesome, but how do I get that unit to actually appear in my game? I placed the files in the Data folder of THS. What now?
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabanana View Post
    That looks awesome, but how do I get that unit to actually appear in my game? I placed the files in the Data folder of THS. What now?
    indeed, what now?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Ehmm... There are a lot of tutorials on TWC and the one describing the process of adding a new unit to the game is the easiest indeed.
    Anyway, I'm too lazy to write such a tutorial again, so here are all required changes, all required files in correct places, in the other words, ALL Just copy/paste and you'll get them in your campaign. However, first you must go to THS\data\world\maps\base and THS\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and manually delete files named "map.rwm" if exist. And make sure you have installed my sprites fix! (attached to first post). Enjoy!

/old attachment deleted as there are newer one available - Lanjane/
    Last edited by Lanjane; December 07, 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Ok thanks and sorry for the inconvenience. It's just that I know absolutely nothing about modding and stuff

Also, your generated sprites patch is awesome too.
    + rep
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass