Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hellenic States

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Default The Hellenic States

This mod is an advancement of my earlier mod, Pyrrhic Victory, and focuses now more on the fragmented states that arose when Alexander's Empire broke apart after his death. The game starts in 303BC, which allows all the original Diadochi to be present (and gives you the ability to work with Pyrrhus ). Also, continuing with my modding tradition, I have made this in such a way as to keep in line with the fundamentals and feel of the vanilla game. All included factions are listed below:

The Republic of Rome
    The Kingdom of Epirus
    The Antigonid Empire
    The Macedonian Empire
    The Ptolemaic Empire
    The Seleucid Empire
    The Republic of Carthage
    The Kingdom of Atropatene
    The Kingdom of Pontus
    The Gallo-Celtic Tribes
    The Germanic Tribes
    The Briton Tribes
    The Kingdom of Armenia
    The Kingdom of Illyria
    The Greek City-States
    The Massalian League
    The Scythian Tribes
    The Iberian Tribes
    The Lysimachian Empire

This includes complete reskins, text changes, UI's, selection map screens, a reworked campaign map, faction banners/symbols for those that are changed, plus many other tweaks and alterations to enhance gameplay.

Screens:

Download HERE (size approx. 39mb)
    The file is zipped in 7-zip format.

Extract to your desktop and follow the readme.
    This is modfoldered and will not affect your original game files.

The following is currently unavailable.
    You can download Lanjane's generated sprites HERE
    This will remove the problem of units disappearing when zooming out. Simply extract the folder and drop it in the THS/data folder.
    It is suggested you make a backup of descr_model_battle.txt

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Hellenic States

Nice work!

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

oh happy day.

+rep
    . .

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Finally!
    Congratulations, friend
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Terrific! +rep

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Icon14 Re: The Hellenic States

Excellent!!

i ran a few ai campaigns.

antigonids too strong on the campaign map imo. did they really have the levant?
    . .

Oh thank God for this!

I'm downloading now, and I'll probably write a review of it later!

comrade_general's Avatar 100% Prime Angus Beef

Quote Originally Posted by alexander the average View Post
    i ran a few ai campaigns.

antigonids too strong on the campaign map imo. did they really have the levant?
    Yep I'm afraid they did - http://sitemaker.umich.edu/mladjov/f...khoi303nbc.jpg

Trust me I've ran a few ai campaigns myself, and the Antigonids don't always pwn. Believe it or not I even saw Pontus do some pwning.

Ok, so I've played for a while as Macedon an i noticed:

* The Epirus are really passive
    * Greek's getting pwnd by antigonids (Or I don't really remember the name.. The blue one's )
    * Thrace getting asses kicked by Pontus

But really good mod! I'm looking forward to future releases and I hope you'll continue to develop this mod!

It's really fun to have the vanilla feel and map, but some new cities and factions to play with!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Just started as Massalian League and my general impression is positive. A very immersive and challenging campaign and surely interesting faction to choose. It's 284 BC and I've conquered Gallia and Balearic Isles, but Germans recruited some fullstacks to stop my expasion, and it seems that Iberia and Carthage are going to backstab me too
    Btw, my starting generals had greek cavalry as bodyguards, but new family members obtain numidian general's guard insted. Everything is going as planned? And another tip, perhaps massalian skirmishers have bad sprites, because they disappear if you look at them from a far.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

downloading..

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

this is really fabulous work. after some in depth analysis and several ai campaigns i am even more impressed.

i have narrowed it down to a few small suggestions:

1 - i think the thorakitai used spears. perhaps you already considered this?
    2 - spain needs a spear unit. usually they are okay without, but against massalia they need one.
    3 - egypt could be stronger in some way. perhaps a big starting army, betting infrastructure, or more territory. - this would simply be to deal with the concentrated onslaught that they get from the antigonids in almost every campaign i have tried.
    4 - hellenistic factions could do with another non phalanx infantry unit in their roster (the thorakitai take forever to get!). i fixed this by taking the phalanx ability away from the militia hoplites in my own game... but maybe there is a better way?

i don't mean to be critical or anything (especially on the first day of release ), but i just want to contribute my carefully thought over opinions.

overall though its really good, and loads of fun to play. thanks for the great mod.
    Last edited by Aleksander the Average; December 05, 2010 at 03:06 AM.
    . .

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Congratz !
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Yeah, great work

But, I'm experiencing a strange bug. The Antigonid Peltasts, Militia Hoplites and Levy Pikemen are invisible, unless I zoom in quite close. This occured when I was fighting them as the Seleucids. When I tried to fight the Seleucids with Antigonids, then the Antigonid units weren't invisible. (This was in a campaign game by the way)

Other than that, I don't see any problems , although I haven't played it that much yet. Just until 296 bc as the Seleucids. Very good job!

EDIT: Can't + rep you yet. Must spread some rep around first :p
    A Proud Diloist

-Finland rules
    -Hanoi Rocks rules
    -Eastern factions kick ass

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Just started as Massalian League and my general impression is positive. A very immersive and challenging campaign and surely interesting faction to choose. It's 284 BC and I've conquered Gallia and Balearic Isles, but Germans recruited some fullstacks to stop my expasion, and it seems that Iberia and Carthage are going to backstab me too
    Btw, my starting generals had greek cavalry as bodyguards, but new family members obtain numidian general's guard insted. Everything is going as planned? And another tip, perhaps massalian skirmishers have bad sprites, because they disappear if you look at them from a far.
    I also started a Massalian campaign, but my new FM had normal Greek bodyguard. And i dont seem to have the disapering units when zoomed out (i know what you mean though, i have that bug with Empires and Traders mod with some units).

Great music btw comrade_general! And nice suprise at the town of Salduba, not really the easy picking I was going for

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Finally!!

I can't wait to try this out, I don't even know wich faction I'll play first!! Good work comrade_general!

@Alexander the average: the thorakitai used both spear and sword. I've considered to give them just the swords to create some differences in the hellenic roster (not only spear-based units)

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

A minor contribution from me - generated sprites for THS.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8VKTYWS

They'll definitely fix 'disappearing' units problem, as well as provide better FPS.
    To install just copy/paste to THS/data folder, but please make backup of descr_model_battle.txt first. This is the only file that needs backup.
    Enjoy!
    - Biblical Proverb

- Winter Voices

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Good work Lanjane!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinuz View Post
    Finally!!

I can't wait to try this out, I don't even know wich faction I'll play first!! Good work comrade_general!

@Alexander the average: the thorakitai used both spear and sword. I've considered to give them just the swords to create some differences in the hellenic roster (not only spear-based units)
    good point. they could use it!
    . .

Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast