Thread: [HOI2] Any good mods?

Default [HOI2] Any good mods?

I'm mostly interested in mods that would allow historic accuracy (i.e. lots of historic events affecting the game) and nice graphics.
    I've tried World in Flames, but I noticed that it wasn't AI that was good in there, but that game was heavily scripted against the human player to the point that it became completely ahistorical (i.e. France having lots of modern medium tanks divisions by 1940 while in reality it had less tanks and they were very outdated).

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [HOI2] Any good mods?

France didn't have outdated tanks by any measure

I would recommend Kaiserreich and 1914, but I'm not quite sure if that's what you're looking for.

Didn't they only have like 430 of those? In my game French had like 8 divisions of medium tanks only.

I'm looking for a mod that would not change the setting, just add more events, tweaked AI and better graphics.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Correct, but the other French tanks were often far superior to what the Germans had throughout the invasion of France, they just used them wrongly. I don't think Hearts of Iron can really represent that though (Or how the first tank I linked suffered more losses to mechanical breakdown than to the Germans since they had a tremendous amount of trouble trying to penetrate its armour lol).

I think you'd enjoy SMEP for the AI tweaks I'd suggest DAIM, they should be compatible. The DAIM can make them a little too good however, if you're new to the game. (Once the United Kingdom landed in Italy and invaded me through Austria in the middle of my attempt at Operation Barbarossa)