Thread: bi 1.6 problem

Default bi 1.6 problem

hi guys,
    i reinstalled rtw from scratch ..then bi cd...then rtw 1.5 patch lastly the 1.6 patch. i can play rtw 1.5 quite well load and save games too. when i play BI (1.6)..single player...main campaign then i choose a faction...start...goes back to the screen where main campaign custom battle etc. i also cannot play historical battle..

i installed bi-gamply fix 1.6 mod something like that.

..when i was playing bi1.4/rtw1.3 b4 the patch everything is ok..i patch to 1.5/1.6 after clean install..boom! i dont know what the problem is..any advise?

Did you have any mods on your previous install of RTW/BI? If so when you uninstall, you have to manually delete all the mod stuff in the previous data folders, if you did not do that that is your problem, if you did just let me know.

I don't think you need the RTW 1.5 patch if you have BI, though I can't officially confirm this.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Create a shortcut for your RomeTW-BI.exe file. Go to its properties and go to the end of the "Target" field. Type the following that is in bold:
    "...Rome Total War - Barbarian Invasion/RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err
    Note the space between the end quotation marks and the -show_err command.

Try to run the campaign again. You will get the same problem in that it will bring you back to the previous menu. If this happens, quit the game. An error will now display. Tell us what this error is, and someone may be able to help you out. Use this shortcut to play your games from now on, as it's a very handy command to have running (it will tell you most of the reasons for CTD's).

Basically, the problem you're getting is due to a campaign problem (usually descr_strat or one of the map files). I'm guessing you installed the BI enhancement pack wrongly or forgot to delete the map.rwm file in your bi/data/world/maps/base folder. If this doesn't solve the problem, reinstall BI using the following steps:

1. Rename or delete the BI folder in your RTW directory (assuming you've installed the mod to the default location).
    2. From the BI CD, run Setup.exe.
    3. Choose the "repair" option. This will now place a fresh BI folder in your RTW directory with all the vanilla files.
    4. Re-apply the 1.6 patch (this automatically applies the 1.5 patch - yes, you wasted the download don't worry, I did too).
    5. Check the game to see if it's working properly before proceeding.
    6. Re-install the enhancement pack, carefully following the installation instructions. Remember to delete map.rwm.

There you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheexsta
    Create a shortcut for your RomeTW-BI.exe file. Go to its properties and go to the end of the "Target" field. Type the following that is in bold:

Note the space between the end quotation marks and the -show_err command.

1. Rename or delete the BI folder in your RTW directory (assuming you've installed the mod to the default location).
    2. From the BI CD, run Setup.exe.

There you go...
    yes i have done this method and everything works fine now only the skins are a bit colorful...are there good skins for bi out there?... thank you.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

I thought the 1.5 patch was only for players without B.I?

from the downloads page at totalwar.com:

ROME: TOTAL WARTM PATCH v1.5 RELEASED
    This patch is for the English, Spanish, French, German and Italian versions of Rome: Total War. You need to upgrade your version of RTW to version 1.3 before you install the 1.5 patch. If you do not, the patching process will not work and your game is unlikely to function. This readme details the main fixes made to the game. Other minor fixes and balances have been carried out. If you have Barbarian Invasion installed then you only need to install v1.6
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

cubics's Avatar Civis

I have the same problem!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41136

And I also installed BI_gameplay_fix_1.5, coincidence?