Thread: CTD When Loading 2nd Battle In A Row

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default CTD When Loading 2nd Battle In A Row

I have some experience with modding and solving tech issues with RTW and RTR but this problem just bewilders me. I've installed RTR 6.0 Gold and I implemented a few extra mods to it. Basically, I'm receiving CTDs whenever I attempt a second battle in a row. What could possibly cause the game to CTD whenever loading a second or third battle in a row?
    Last edited by Trajan; January 06, 2006 at 05:56 AM.

I had the same problem awhile back with SPQR. (There's a thread I posted about it in here somewhere - too lazy to look myself). It appears to be a problem with the gloss mapped skins overloading the video card memory. Apparently it can happen to ppl with 256MB cards also, but for me it was quite clear my lowly 64MB card was to blame. Check the SPQR section for more about that.

Actually I had no problems until just after the marius reforms when the new Legionary cohorts appear and i started to use them in my stacks. They are the units with the special skins i believe. So until I get a new card, SPQR is no good for me.

However, it's odd that this exact problem is happening for you with RTR. I just finished a whole campaign with RTR and no crashes (still using my 64MB card). I can only assume it's not RTR but those extra mods u said u use (skins right?)

In fact, RTR was virtually error-free. I've just replaced it with vanilla RTW/BI updated to 1.5/1.6 and in my current campaign, it crashes fairly often DURING battles. This whole game is a mystery to me with all the bugs.

Moderator Action - Posts merged. Lusted.
    Last edited by Lusted; January 19, 2006 at 07:29 AM.

Hi!

I also have this problem. I'm am using RTW-BI v1.6. I am playing with Lusted's Terrae Expugnandae.

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have -show_err enabled, and I get no error message.
    Last edited by Werner; January 18, 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

It's definitely a frustrating bug because random mysterious things can cause it. I reinstalled the mod many times and it's still the same. Now, I'm getting CTDs whenever attempting 3 battles consecutively. I'm beginning to think that it's being caused by Roman skins I've added. I hate this damn bug!!! What really bugs me about this bug is that, since RTR Gold is for the 1.2 patch, every time this bug occurs, it causes the save/load bug to occur more often than usual.

I feel your pain Trajan.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Rome Total War and BI, and then the mod but I still have this problem. I patched a v1.2 RTW without BI to v1.5, applied the mod, but still the same.

I don't know what to do. I have even tried to save and reload after the first battle to see if it helps, but the game still crashes while loading the second battle.

I hope someone comes along and can figure out what's wrong.