Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Railfan View Post
    Don't you just love it when self empowered "psychologists" with 2 infomercials of training diagnose you with depression because you don't look like you're on speed 24/7?
    My friend, I see a beautiful feature for us both. And cookies. But mostly the future thing.

Default Re: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylεr View Post
    My friend, I see a beautiful feature for us both. And cookies. But mostly the future thing.
    The presence of cookies does indeed signal a bright and hopeful future

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Apparently I look depressed when I'm thinking, which is weird considering I'm usually thinking happy or emotionless thoughts.

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Re: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.
    This looks like the average teenage girl's facebook status.
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Goodguy1066♔ View Post
    This looks like the average teenage girl's facebook status.
    Wrong. The average teenage girl's facebook status is ' grabbed my sunburn that woz pree stupid jamie i here for you baby girl nobody gonn touch you....look out'.
    Yes, I just copied that from facebook. It's usually almost incomprehensible and is almost always about how much they hate sluts or how much they love their boyfriend.

I hate it whenever people think something's wrong whenever I sigh.

you need to be confident in your smile.

everyone thinks they look like a retard when they look at themselves smiling in the mirror, but you get over it, and other people don't think so.

I come home with an aching jaw nearly every day.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sematrix View Post
    I'm like wtf. People are always asking me if I'm ok and asking me how I'm doing. People also say that I need to smile more. I AM NOT DEPRESSED. There is nothing wrong with me. I have never seen anyone smile every moment. Anyone else have this problem. [I can't use some keys on the keyboard, thats why I didn't use a question mark]
    Yeah, I get that too. To most people it comes naturally but to some it doesn't, and its the most basic form of social interaction. Not smiling has led to me making some really bad first impressions which makes going into a new environment harder than it already is. The only answer is to force yourself to do it.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Mr. Magi's Avatar Tiro

Apparently I look sad when I don't smile as well. It's called having a blank expression you fools.

Irishguy's Avatar Campidoctor
    Griftkwartier, Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Well if im just walking along the street i dont see why i need to be smiling, but if i see people i know they always ask if im alright because i look unhappy. This is just the default position for the muscles in my face dammit, its not my fault that i dont want to look like the joker as i walk down the street.
    same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphuristical View Post
    I smile and laugh all the time, yet people always ask why am I so depressed and sad. Actually I am, but I tought it wasn't so obvious. That's why I smile and laugh all the time -.-

I hate when people think I'm lying or not being serious just because I'm half-smiling or talking in a cheerful way.
    also same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    I hate it whenever people think something's wrong whenever I sigh.
    that's so annoying isn't it?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magi View Post
    Apparently I look sad when I don't smile as well. It's called having a blank expression you fools.
    Apparently, I look like I'm about to trow something at people when I'm thinking ^o)

wow! that was allot of quoting!
    [LED ZEPPELIN FANS] [BATAVIA TW!]
    (\_/) This is stoned bunny, The Patron Saint of stoners.
    (O.O) Copy and paste him to have him gain world domination!
    (\/ \/)

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

stories in my life. i can relate it is a SICK world out tere life isnt fare = look. you gota be like fake out there even if you have a pain inside you you always gotta but a smile on your face you gotta be fake smile and handshake with the people because it is SICK you cant even show your true a motions in this world
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

A+ Retard LMAO.

I don't smile because the world does not surprise me nor does it offer me anything to smile about simply if you smile do it for something you actually want to smile about FFS.

Theoo's Avatar Centenarius
    wherever diplomecy needde!!! hehe just are kidding im iceland from

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MASK OF GAS♔ View Post
    A+ Retard LMAO.

I don't smile because the world does not surprise me nor does it offer me anything to smile about simply if you smile do it for something you actually want to smile about FFS.
    same here FFS , I dot think it is a surprising thing I HAVE TO SMEILE ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? dont listen to the media <-FAKE!!! fake smile dont make me happy make people happy ffs
    89% of teens would die today if Facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
    65 percent of teenagers spend more time watching TV rather then reading ,if you are part of the 35 percent who read more than watch TV and are proud of it, copy and paste this into your profile.
    98 percent of the population has a myspace. If you're one of the 2 percent that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this in your profile
    93 percent of teenagers would have an emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. If you are part of the 7 percent that would say "What was your first clue?", copy this onto your profile'

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's funny cause when I'm actually not ok no one asks what's wrong... depresses me further that people apparently think me looking depressed is normal.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Depression is something i have never understood nor ever had and never will have as i do not believe in such a complete tasteless symptom.

Depression is something that i will never understand and will never have.

That's because you never went through one. I'm not talking about "emo" depression I'm talking about the real thing that destroys lives and personalities.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I agree i guess .........

Maybe it just has not come across me yet interesting.

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

People think I am lonely and depressed, but I am not. I merely have an abnormal brain, and don't care for what other people do. I am perfectly happy being alone, and I don't feel emotion on the same scale as others. I never really feel happy, but I do not feel sad.

What makes me unhappy is when annoying people bother me when I am drawing during a break, trying to talk to me and 'help' me. If I wanted to be around people and make friends, I wouldn't choose to sit in an area far from other people, ignoring everyone who passes by.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet View Post
    People think I am lonely and depressed, but I am not. I merely have an abnormal brain, and don't care for what other people do. I am perfectly happy being alone, and I don't feel emotion on the same scale as others. I never really feel happy, but I do not feel sad.

What makes me unhappy is when annoying people bother me when I am drawing during a break, trying to talk to me and 'help' me. If I wanted to be around people and make friends, I wouldn't choose to sit in an area far from other people, ignoring everyone who passes by.
    Exactly the same, except that no one actually cares about me so I have alot of time with myself without anyone disturbing me
    Last edited by garudamon11; December 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I hate it when people mistake me for my mirror image twin while also hating people who don't bother to recognise the difference between the two of us. No we do not have secret powers.
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast