Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

Default I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

I'm like wtf. People are always asking me if I'm ok and asking me how I'm doing. People also say that I need to smile more. I AM NOT DEPRESSED. There is nothing wrong with me. I have never seen anyone smile every moment. Anyone else have this problem. [I can't use some keys on the keyboard, thats why I didn't use a question mark]

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

I hate it when people think I'm happy when I sing and whistle all the time, I just like to whistle. Music keeps my mind off things I'd rather not think about. xD

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Default Re: I hate it whenever people think I'm sad just because I don't smile all the time.

I hate it when people think i'm not seriuos just because i'm smiling..

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

At least try to look pleasant, walking around all stonyfaced does make you look depressed.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I've always had this problem. I can laugh and smile and look depressed, but when I'm sitting staring into the distance or walking along, people tell me I look extremely unhappy. I wish I was one of those people who just look content with life all the time.

I have the same problem, everyone keeps asking me why am I so sad but infact Im not and I think I look retarded when I smile

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

I rarely smile, and people regularly ask me if I am okay and tell me I look depressed. It certainly does get annoying after a while, but I guess it's nice that people ask.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; December 04, 2010 at 12:58 AM.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    I have the same problem, everyone keeps asking me why am I so sad but infact Im not and I think I look retarded when I smile
    Same, I couldn't smile to save my life so I stopped trying. It is annoying when people ask what's wrong but it's nice they ask; however pisses me off when people think I'm on drugs because I look sad all the time.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Petrov's Avatar Campidoctor

Story of my life.

Wegen7 die Große's Avatar Domesticus
    In the country side of the once glorious British Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Sematrix View Post
    I'm like wtf. People are always asking me if I'm ok and asking me how I'm doing. People also say that I need to smile more. I AM NOT DEPRESSED. There is nothing wrong with me. I have never seen anyone smile every moment. Anyone else have this problem. [I can't use some keys on the keyboard, thats why I didn't use a question mark]
    Are you sure, thats what I first thought before my first suicide attempt.
    Anyway enough about me, people used to treat me the same way, but then as I grew older and became more aggressive and angry, people have just learned to leave me alone.
    Deutschland Gloria
    Heil dir im Siegerkranz
    Preußens Gloria - Florian Geyer lied *new*
    Königgrätzer Marsch - Ostpreussen Marsch *new*
    Imperial German Navy
    Preußenlied - Ich bin ein Preuße. kennt ihr meine Farben
    Schneidige Truppe
    Die Wacht am Rhein
    Was ist des Deutschen Vaterland
    Das Lied der Deutschen
    Deutschland Gloria (zwei)
    Tannenberg Marsch - Waidmannsheil
    Düppeler Sturm Marsch - Frei Weg
    Erika - Jagdgeschwader Richthofen *new*
    Viktoria Marsche - Unter dem Grillenbanner *new*
    Von der Tann - Siegesmarsch *new*
    EDELWEIß - Badenweiler Marsch *new*
    Alter Jägermarsch *new* - Panzerlied *new version*
    Glory to Britannia
    God Save The Queen
    The British Grenadiers.
    The British Grenadiers Song

DeutschenVaterland's Channel, here are some good videos, for people who enjoy the none liberal Deutschlands/Germanys.
    Hail to the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, rulers of the Commonwealth
    and Belgium!
    Look further down for the rest of my sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Tart Toter View Post
    people in this country (USA) are ing idiots when it comes to understanding politics and the like.
    "People can take whatever they want from a sentence and display it in any fashion they want to" That alone can prove democracy is a failure!

Welthauptstadt Germania eins
    Welthauptstadt Germania zwei

What is a joke without pissing someone else off?
    A bad joke!

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

I ahve the problem that no one even wonders about my well-being because I smile all the time. I guess I have to cry more.

I can't stop smiling. Extremely frustrating at times, especially when a teacher starts yelling at you

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Ältester der Motten View Post
    I ahve the problem that no one even wonders about my well-being because I smile all the time. I guess I have to cry more.
    Same here, people seem unable to fathom I ever have a bad day or feel a bit down.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Same thing as OP describes happens to me all the time. I laugh at things I just don't smile much.

Well if im just walking along the street i dont see why i need to be smiling, but if i see people i know they always ask if im alright because i look unhappy. This is just the default position for the muscles in my face dammit, its not my fault that i dont want to look like the joker as i walk down the street.

I smile and laugh all the time, yet people always ask why am I so depressed and sad. Actually I am, but I tought it wasn't so obvious. That's why I smile and laugh all the time -.-

I hate when people think I'm lying or not being serious just because I'm half-smiling or talking in a cheerful way.

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

This thread is amusing. Also, I don't smile much, because I look like an A+ retard when I do.

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I always have a little smirk on my face lol. It makes the day better IMO.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Quote Originally Posted by Sematrix View Post
    I have the exact same problem. I've even gotten fired from jobs before because I wasn't smiley enough for them.

Who the hell goes around smiling all the time? Mental patients, that's who. I think this is a very "American" thing, to go around forcing yourself to smile all the time even if you don't feel like it.

I smile when something is funny or amusing to me, I don't do it just to put on a fake-cheery appearance.

Don't you just love it when self empowered "psychologists" with 2 infomercials of training diagnose you with depression because you don't look like you're on speed 24/7?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast