Thread: Ireland

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Default Ireland

I don't know if this has been suggested before but; two things come to mind with the new version.

1) While ireland has increased to 28/29 provinces it isn't really big enough. And before anyone points out it's not the focus of the mod, i'm aware of that. What i'm suggesting is adding forts in ireland to increase the depth of settlement in the island.

2) Is it possible to change the stone fort stratmap and battlemap model so it is the same as the motte and bailey? I think it would certainly suit ireland very well as it could represent either ring forts or anglo-irish motte and baileys.

Let me know what you think?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Default Re: Ireland

We wont be adding any more regions to Ireland but we will be having more forts as you suggested.

There will be at least 9 stone fort models available and we will look in to adding more.

These will all use the same strat map model I think.

In short, this area has not been finalised yet but there may be a surprise or two.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

To ellaborate further to the Bruce:

As you mentioned Ireland has 28 regions, and while this is not as many as Scotland and England (as you mentioned the primary focus of the mod), it is only the settlement limitations of the game, that stop there being more in Ireland and France.

As you mentioned forts in addition would be good. This has already been factored in to the equation. For instance in Scotland, Wales and England, there are currently located 211 forts (which are actual real world caslte locations of castles that were standing in the year 1294. This is in addition to the 144 regions currently to be conquered. I haven't added extra forts to France and Ireland yet, but anticipate based on historical documentation many more to be added.

It sounds too crowded, but the map fits all these in with plenty of room, even with extra movement points.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

It really doesn't sound too crowded to me, i never do proper sieges anyway, I have one or two armies and then the garrison is whatever is free upkeep in the settlement. Not enough to stand against a besieging army. It means when people complain about a siegefest i never suffer the same problem
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    It really doesn't sound too crowded to me, i never do proper sieges anyway, I have one or two armies and then the garrison is whatever is free upkeep in the settlement. Not enough to stand against a besieging army. It means when people complain about a siegefest i never suffer the same problem
    Yeah, I have to agree with you smoesville, i have never suffered the so called siegefest either. If people want to take the easy option and always sit behind their walls, that's there problem and not a design fault of the game.