Thread: first patch?

Default first patch?

just wondering if you guys had a mindset for when we can expect the first "patch" to the OB. and what it may include (hopes for friendlier load times)

btw, yes I am aware I should be getting a "When it's Done" post shortly

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

WHEN IT'S DONE
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Clibby's Avatar Praetor Maximus

I don't mean to be rude or anything but will there be a progress meter/chart or not, i.e. updating the sticked thread wil completed projects. That way people would know the relative progress and not have to ask these questions. Kind of like telling the community which errors have been fixed and which ones haven't. If not then theres no need for any more topics on this (well actually there shouldn't be any need anyway, but hey) beacuse it just wont happen and everyone is just going to have to wait for another gift from the EB team.

Feldspar if you look at the stickied topic Known Issues amd Current Projects then you will know exactly what they are working on

Winner of the Tech Award 2005 at www.TotalRome.com

Under the patronage of apparently nobody since they cant keep their citizenship!!!

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Clibby
    I don't mean to be rude or anything but will there be a progress meter/chart or not, i.e. updating the sticked thread wil completed projects. That way people would know the relative progress and not have to ask these questions.
    The problem is that then people get overexcited. They think, OMG, it's getting close to finished! And then when it seems almost finished and we get hung up on one thing, people would start saying "So it's out soon, right?" and getting their hopes up. And then it turns out it's another four weeks and everyone gets bitter.

So I think we'll probably keep it a surprise.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    WHEN IT'S DONE
    Subtle. But true.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Maybe you could adopt the smoke signal thing that the vatican uses? Currently, the smoke is black... but one day...

A different question then: are you planning on making a final, final (I mean really final) version - with 1.5/1.6 whatever - or are you planning on issuing a patch dealing with the most profound issues of the beta (constant CTDs, lag, maybe some others like Spartans, unit cards etc.) until you proceed with the Finished version?

Can't say I ain't subtle, huh?

Winner of the - once upon a time - least popular TWC
    TOPIC award

Υπό την αιγίδα του Tacticalwithdrawal
    under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal

Naughty bros: Red Baron and Polemides

Quote Originally Posted by Rosacrux redux
    A different question then: are you planning on making a final, final (I mean really final) version - with 1.5/1.6 whatever - or are you planning on issuing a patch dealing with the most profound issues of the beta (constant CTDs, lag, maybe some others like Spartans, unit cards etc.) until you proceed with the Finished version?

Can't say I ain't subtle, huh?
    there will be patches for this version. And there will be a final full release for probably 1.5 or 1.6 (still discussing wich one).