Thread: Two temples in one settlement

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Two temples in one settlement

I clicked on Croton and noticed that there were temples to both Neptune and Mars constructed. I'm, uh, not sure how that came to be as the Neptune is the one I built. I assume the Mars temple was left over from when the RR held the place. Is there a CTD risk to not demolishing one of them?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Two temples in one settlement

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I clicked on Croton and noticed that there were temples to both Neptune and Mars constructed. I'm, uh, not sure how that came to be as the Neptune is the one I built. I assume the Mars temple was left over from when the RR held the place. Is there a CTD risk to not demolishing one of them?
    Thanks for spotting that Spartan. Yes there is a CTD risk!

I've found the problem. Fortunately it will only affect Roman campaigns and you can fix it just by demolishing one of the temples. I'll post a fixed version later today.

Umm, sorry to poke this so late, but I have an issue with this. CTD everytime I take Messana, and I noticed there are two temples built there. Is there any console operation I could do to remove one of them?

Which campaign are you playing? If you e-mail a copy of your saved game and xgmversion.txt (which should be in [rtw]/xgm/) I'll take a shot at fixing it for you.

Roman campaign. It should be 5.9.24, playing with a little modified export_descr_unit too so I attached that one to mail too, just to be on a safe side.

Thanks for the help.

I took a look at your saved game and unfortunately it looks like the CTD is not caused by the double temple problem but by another issue that probably can't be fixed. According to your xgmversion.txt you are using the Alex exe, but when I load the game up using an Alex exe install of XGM the mini-map on the strat screen doesn't look right. The underlay showing the terrain and names of the regions is missing. Typically that happens when you start a campaign with one exe and then switch to another exe later. Unfortunately that causes the game to crash when an AI faction is wiped out.

I tested this by removing the double temple and then capturing Messana. The game still crashed, so I'm pretty sure the problem is a mid campaign switch between exes.

okay. Yea, I was switching exes, was deciding between BI and Alex. Didn't know it can cause something like this. Fine, I will start another campaign...thanks for the help anyway.