Thread: RTW 1.3 CTDs (so annoying!!!)

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

Default RTW 1.3 CTDs (so annoying!!!)

Ave friends, I just installed BI making my original RTW 1.2 to 1.3... but when i tried to play RTW campaign, it CTDs...in fact everytime i try to play a simple battle it crashes...but if i try to play the prologue it works fine, i get to fight battles and so fort. what's going on?

oh yeah i have the -show_err command but every time my game crashes it doesnt come out on this one.

Could someone tell me, what are CTDs?

I'd recommend installing BI on 1.0, not 1.2 or 1.3. That might help but apart from that, I really don't know what to say.

A CTD can more commonly be translated as Crash to desktop. I didn't know that too, when I first came here.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by KonserniJohtaja
    I'd recommend installing BI on 1.0, not 1.2 or 1.3. That might help but apart from that, I really don't know what to say.

i didnt know that you have to install BI on a 1.0 RTW... ill try it though

nope it doesnt work Konsern. still CTDs oh man

Did you delete the remaining Rome = Total War folder after you uninstalled? Also, BI is designed to work on all patch versions, it doesn't need to be installed on 1.0 or 1.2 or 1.3. Also, I advise defragmenting your hard drive and perhaps running windows update. Getting the newest drivers for your video card would help too.

Could you post your system specifications?

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Warlord
    Did you delete the remaining Rome = Total War folder after you uninstalled? Also, BI is designed to work on all patch versions, it doesn't need to be installed on 1.0 or 1.2 or 1.3. Also, I advise defragmenting your hard drive and perhaps running windows update. Getting the newest drivers for your video card would help too.

Could you post your system specifications?
    Sure, my specs are:

Microsoft XP Home Edition
    533 MHz FSB
    160 GB Hard Disk Drive
    EVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
    3.06 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor 519
    512 MB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel
    DirectX 9.0

and yes i deleted the remaing folder. but i dont understand why no error message popped up telling me what went wrong when i placed the -show_err command line. it usually works but not on this problem.

You aren't trying to continue with a saved campaign game from before you installed BI, right? They aren't compatible. Is BI working, and is the RTW custom battle working?

Have you installed the new BI patch? If not, do so. Does it give you an error?

By the way, nice computer. Buying another 512 mb or gig of ram would make it perfect

thanks its custom made
    my BI works everytime i play it. only RTW doesnt work. and no im not trying to load a saved game and RTW custom battle doesnt work too. and no i havent installed the BI patch yet i will though...

Ya try downloading the patch, hopefully it'll fix the files that aren't working.

hey thanks, the patch fixed my problem and the campaign and custom battle work now

The newest patch didn't fix my problems: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40645

This year I've been mostly playing the BI.
    Currently I play as the Sassanids. I've kicked some Eastern Roman Empire's butt many times. Like my campaign, it has worked pretty well: one day I played for 2 hours in row and I occured only one CTD.