Thread: An introduction to Sicilia..

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default An introduction to Sicilia..

Way back when I created Sicilia I was working on another mod '300' Warlords of Sparta' which was a much more ambitious project and had the input of a small (and highly skilled) team, most of whom were also working on other mods. This left gaps in the production of '300' and I found myself with some time to kill.

Originally 'Sicilia' started life as 'Spartacus' I even had splash and loading screens made as well as the main units for the slave army. but it soon became obvious that too would have needed input from others. So I changed direction (quite literally) and looked for an already made mod that I could utilise. I found a small and little known mod on the org which had a map of Sicily and the wheels started turning. I asked map making god Uranos to enlarge the original and with a bit of help from Mon and Aradan got the basis for Sicilia working.

I then hid away for about three months while '300' was being passed around the team and worked night and day to make Sicilia.

It's far from the best mod i've made, but it did give me a lot of satisfaction.

Enjoy..

Default Re: An introduction to this Sicilia..

Great work Halie !

And congratz on the forum

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Good to know this great mod has its own forum!

Blog Entries

Thank you both.. I didn't think it needed a forum, but the mini mod forum where the original thread was has come bouncing back into life and Sicilia was, at one point, on the third page..!!

Default Re: An introduction to Sicilia..

I'm having a little problem with this on my laptop, though it's probably not the problem of the mod itself.I just bought a gaming laptop with ridiculously high specs, like 8 gb ram, ati 5650 video card, 2.8 ghz intel i5 dual core, etc. And the game lags a lot! I noticed this on other older games as well like counter strike 1.6
    I play on the highest graphics settings, but I also have on ultra settings for Empire total war, and it runs like a dream. A tried setting the affinity to one processor, but still having problems. Any help please?
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Blog Entries

Default Re: An introduction to Sicilia..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Yeh, doesn't sound mod specific, have you tried playing the original game, does that run ok?..

RTW was designed for lower end machines, maybe your laptop is just too much awesome..

You might get a better answer in the basement..

Let me know if you do..

Hey DV; attached is the underlay model. If I understand things right this is the only model that needs to be edited (of course that probably won't prove to be true).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 25, 2014 at 08:44 PM.