Thread: [ABANDONED] v6.5 (DM) + sub-mods graphic problems.

Icon1 [ABANDONED] v6.5 (DM) + sub-mods graphic problems.

Hi!

I have used this mod-setup for a very long time, but now the graphics are messed up, well not really the graphics, but the menus have started flickering really bad after I used the new v6.5 of DM.

Mods i use:

DarthMod Empire Commander v6.5 (DM)

Additional Units Mod (AUM) 3.1
    Graphics Pack 1.7

Computer:

CPU: i7 920
    GPU: HD5970 2GB

I have tried to remove the graphics pack mod, but the same problem occurs. This is what happens: I start the game, everything fine. All looking as it should in the main menu. And after loading a game or starting a new one. Everything is OK till I press any of the menus at the bottom of the game, then every menu starts flickering like crazy. No drop in fps or anything, so it has to be something wrong with the mod setup right now. I have tried to change graphics settings from low to ultra but same problem.

What should I do?

/sry for my english..

Last edited by MasterCrazy; December 02, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

Default Re: v6.5 (DM) + sub-mods graphic problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCrazy View Post
    Hi!

I have used this mod-setup for a very long time, but now the graphics are messed up, well not really the graphics, but the menus have started flickering really bad after I used the new v6.5 of DM.

Mods i use:

DarthMod Empire Commander v6.5 (DM)

Additional Units Mod (AUM) 3.1
    Graphics Pack 1.7

Computer:

CPU: i7 920
    GPU: HD5970 2GB

I have tried to remove the graphics pack mod, but the same problem occurs. This is what happens: I start the game, everything fine. All looking as it should at the main menu. And after loading a game or starting a new one. Everything is OK till I press any of the menus at the bottom of the game, then every menu starts flickering like crazy. No drop in fps or anything, so it has to be something wrong with the mod setup right now. I have tried to change graphics settings from low to ultra but same problem.

What should I do?

/sry for my english..

I also encountered this with my friend's computer. He tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, and it seemed to work (I don't know if it recurred after that though).

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: v6.5 (DM) + sub-mods graphic problems.

Well, the graphics pack is designed for DMUC, not DM, and is intended to work with the unavailable 6.3 beta, so that might be giving you problems, not entirely sure though considering I've never tested the two together myself.

As above, I would seriously advise verifying the game cache, and if that doesn't work reinstalling DM.

Moved to DM Support

Default Re: [UNRESOLVED] v6.5 (DM) + sub-mods graphic problems.

Well I removed every mod and verified the game cache, steam downloaded 3 files, but still the problem remains. It's supposed to be vanilla now right? I need help

Well, if it still doesn't work there is something wrong with your vanilla game-try uninstalling ETW completely and starting from scratch.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

I have the same problem and have been doing alot of reading on it: it is caused by the latest ATI drivers. I have the exact vid card you have, and the same problem.

The temporary fix is running your game in "windowed" mode (select in the gfx settings)...hopefully, the next set of drivers fixes it. You are not alone. If you can't wait, roll back your ATI vid drivers.

Thanks for that Nanny

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post
    I have the same problem and have been doing alot of reading on it: it is caused by the latest ATI drivers. I have the exact vid card you have, and the same problem.

The temporary fix is running your game in "windowed" mode (select in the gfx settings)...hopefully, the next set of drivers fixes it. You are not alone. If you can't wait, roll back your ATI vid drivers.
    Thx alot for sharing that! I really didn't want to reinstall the game from steam O_o.. it takes forever. I'll get the mod setup right away now and play in windowed mode.

Edit: Yes it works with windowed. I guess the problem is solved for now until amd fix it with new drivers. Thx for the help!
    Last edited by MasterCrazy; December 05, 2010 at 06:10 AM.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Sadly, the 10.12 drivers (release today) do NOT fix the problem.

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Boriempire's Avatar Libertus

same here waiting for them to fix it (2 ATI 5850) DMUC 6.7 BEST mod I want to play ti crossfire
    Last edited by Boriempire; December 23, 2010 at 03:05 PM.

this will solve all your problems, read this post, if you don't understand it, will explain more.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407728

Quote Originally Posted by Adjas View Post
    this will solve all your problems, read this post, if you don't understand it, will explain more.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=407728
    Please explain how you do this in steps . Do you need to have the latest amd drivers?