Thread: Vanilla Rome 1.5 161 B.C CTD

Default Vanilla Rome 1.5 161 B.C CTD

I have Vaniila Rome patched to 1.5. I played without a problem until I get to the end of 161 B.C. then it CTD's consistently. For background reference, The Synthian Faction has been destroyed and all the Roman Factions have been outlawed by Rome. I don't do anything during this period and it still crashes.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I have tried searching the forum, but unable to find and reference to my specific crash.

Please help if you can.

I forgot to mention that I am playing as the Julii Faction.

I havent made it that far yet, but i hope this doesnt happen to me when i hit 161BC.

TWnoob, Thanks for replying. I hope you don't have this problem either. I am starting a new campaign and I am going to see if it happens again. If it does, then this is a serious issue that CA needs to address quickly since I cannot get past 161 B.C.

I am hoping that this does not occur again and that it was an isolated incident.

Was this a game you started before 1.5? There appears to be a bug with games started in earlier versions that makes a CTD when certain Historical Events crop up. My Carthage game is broken at 237 BC due to this bug.

Hmm I was about to create a thread about this problem. I read in tw.org that it happens around 237 BC probably because of some event like glassmaking for Carthage. Now it looks like Julii ctd at 161.

The official forum only had one unhelpful thread about this problem.

Would changing the date by entering cheat ~date year skip over a problem year?

Does that cheat work in 1.5? Most cheats no longer function, as far as I can tell, other than add money and toggle_fow.

I'm not even sure of the proper syntax for that cheat to try it out. Anyone know?

Shiate. I just tried it on and it doesn't work. I hadn't realised cheats were disabled in 1.5.