Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firing Animation Tweak

Default Firing Animation Tweak

Hi all!!!

I've made some tweaks on muskets fireing animation to slow it down a little...Try it and you'll see difference in fireing speed and aiming...

Nanny de Bodemloze made nice video presentation of mod for TW community:

I also attached changed naval cannon animation...Cannons stick out of the hull.Better visual experience...It is not yet perfect,but it's a progress...

And finally there is my effects mod,mainly done for naval battles...Cannons fireing effect with sparks and more flash...

P.S.

I tried firing animation mod in Empire TW.It looks even better than in NTW,with all those firing drills...Try it.
    Last edited by Oby; December 04, 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Nanny de Bodemloze's Avatar Treason is just dates
    Artifex

Default Re: Fireing Animation Tweak

I'm going to try this out...the speed of vanilla firing animations are a little off when used with uber mods like NOW that reduce movement speed by 20%...so I hope this works. I'll report back.

Cheers!

Looks excellent, I will try these out for sure. May I have permission to include these in NOW? All credit to you of course.

Cheers, MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

hmm exactly what dose this doo? could u maby do a video clip

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny de Bodemloze View Post
    I'm going to try this out...the speed of vanilla firing animations are a little off when used with uber mods like NOW that reduce movement speed by 20%...so I hope this works. I'll report back.

Cheers!
    Thank you for including my mod to your review...

Great work with your gallery...It's awsome

P.S.

About naval cannons - their animations seems to be more tricky than others...Use mod as for testing only...Will see what I can do to improve it...

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Marshal Beale ♠ View Post
    Looks excellent, I will try these out for sure. May I have permission to include these in NOW? All credit to you of course.

Cheers, MB
    NP You can use it as you like...

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    hmm exactly what dose this doo? could u maby do a video clip
    No ofense ,but it is more easy for you to activate my mod and try it by yourself,than for me to make a video for it...

As for compatibility...I think this is the first mod who changes firing animations...So I gues it is compatible with all mods...

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Firing Animation Tweak

Nice work, Oby.

Question for you - Many accounts (and some training probably) describe soldiers as taking little or no time to aim - the points was to keep firing as fast as possible. Also, after a while, the smoke could get so thick there was nothing to aim at, lol.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to have the animation vary according to troop type, i.e.

1. Your longer aim for light infantry, skirmishers, riflemen, Jagers etc. and elite (calmer under fire) troops
    2. Perhaps a new shorter aim period for other troops (i.e. they fire immediately the weapon is raised (or even before???).

Just a couple of ideas. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Nice work, Oby.

Question for you - Many accounts (and some training probably) describe soldiers as taking little or no time to aim - the points was to keep firing as fast as possible. Also, after a while, the smoke could get so thick there was nothing to aim at, lol.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to have the animation vary according to troop type, i.e.

1. Your longer aim for light infantry, skirmishers, riflemen, Jagers etc. and elite (calmer under fire) troops
    2. Perhaps a new shorter aim period for other troops (i.e. they fire immediately the weapon is raised (or even before???).

Just a couple of ideas. Thanks again!
    There are basicly only two animations for firing -one for standing position and one for kneeling position,although there are two for each unit firing angle( fire-low,fire-med,fire-high)...All I can say right now for your suggestion is - good idea but very time consuming,but it can be done...

Artifex

Nice work, Oby.

I thought the same thing...aiming was a luxury reserved for rifles and elites. However, just from a vid perspective, the delay looks a little better for all units, IMHO.

I used it with NOW and found no conflicts. Good job mate...rep!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Oby View Post
    There are basicly only two animations for firing -one for standing position and one for kneeling position,although there are two for each unit firing angle( fire-low,fire-med,fire-high)...All I can say right now for your suggestion is - good idea but very time consuming,but it can be done...

Possible to do this.

In unit stats land there is an animation column

For most inf its man_musket or man_rifle

You would change this to somthing like man_light_musket

Then in animation tables you would make a new table
    -somthing like this

Animation tables
    version 1

animation_table man_light_musket
    {
    skeleton_type man

fragment man_common_fragment
    fragment musket_death_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    fragment climb_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    fragment musketlongaim_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    }

animation_table man_rifle
    {
    skeleton_type man

fragment musket_death_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    fragment musketlongaim_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    fragment Rifle_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, ambient
    }

Then under battle configuration, copy the musket table, rename it musketlongaim.

And edit the firing bit it to somthing like this (renaming your animations appropriatelly of course.
    Warning big chunk, important bit highlighted in red
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

// FIRING ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIM filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_MPoise2.anim",
    AIM_TO_COMBAT_READY filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_MPoise_to_HGuard2.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_AIM filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kneel_Mpoise.anim",
    KNEEL_AIM_TO_COMBAT_READY_KNEEL filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Mpoise_to_Gkneel.anim", blend_in_time = 0

FIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_fire_med2.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_FIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kneel_fire_Mid.anim", blend_in_time = 0

RELOAD_1 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_01.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    RELOAD_2 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_02.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    RELOAD_TO_COMBAT_READY filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_to_HG.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_RELOAD filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kreload.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    KNEEL_RELOAD_TO_COMBAT_READY_KNEEL filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kreload_to_GKneel.anim", blend_in_time = 0
    MISFIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Poise_MisFire.anim", blend_in_time = 0.25

Artifex

For anyone wondering what this firing animation looks like, here is a very quick demo...the best viewed in full screen HD to really see the difference:

cheers!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Possible to do this.

-somthing like this

Animation tables
    version 1

{
    skeleton_type man

}

{
    skeleton_type man

}

Then under battle configuration, copy the musket table, rename it musketlongaim.

And edit the firing bit it to somthing like this (renaming your animations appropriatelly of course.

// FIRING ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIM_TO_COMBAT_READY filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_MPoise_to_HGuard2.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_AIM_TO_COMBAT_READY_KNEEL filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Mpoise_to_Gkneel.anim", blend_in_time = 0

FIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_fire_med2.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_FIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kneel_fire_Mid.anim", blend_in_time = 0

RELOAD_1 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_01.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    RELOAD_2 filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_02.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    RELOAD_TO_COMBAT_READY filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Reload_to_HG.anim", blend_in_time = 0

KNEEL_RELOAD filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kreload.anim", special = musket_ramrod
    KNEEL_RELOAD_TO_COMBAT_READY_KNEEL filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_KNEEL/MUS_Kreload_to_GKneel.anim", blend_in_time = 0
    MISFIRE filename = "Animations/MEN/MUSKET/MUS_POISED/MUS_Poise_MisFire.anim", blend_in_time = 0.25

I assume this requires the work already done by Oby - so, Oby - is my suggestion possible given HK's outline above? I really think a visual respresentation of the difference in poised aiming time as I described above would be an enhancement worth making!

Artifex

I assume this requires the work already done by Oby - so, Oby - is my suggestion possible given HK's outline above? I really think a visual respresentation of the difference in poised aiming time as I described above would be an enhancement worth making!
    One concern...I'm not a modder, so I'm not sure about the mechanics...but if this tweak was made for, say, light infantry/riflemen but not line infantry, would that mess about with game balance? Is the actual rate of fire changed, or just the visual? If the actual rate of fire was changed, applying to this elite type units might look better but nerf them in gameplay. Or am I not understanding it all?

Possible to do this.

-somthing like this

Animation tables
    version 1

{
    skeleton_type man

}

{
    skeleton_type man

}

Had the same idea and did exactly that for skirmishers and light infantry. Works pretty well. Thank you, Oby, for the new animations!

One concern...I'm not a modder, so I'm not sure about the mechanics...but if this tweak was made for, say, light infantry/riflemen but not line infantry, would that mess about with game balance? Is the actual rate of fire changed, or just the visual? If the actual rate of fire was changed, applying to this elite type units might look better but nerf them in gameplay. Or am I not understanding it all?
    The new animations will slow down the fire speed somewhat (around 3-4 sec). You therefore have to adjust the reload rates.
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; December 04, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Possible to do this.

-somthing like this

Animation tables
    version 1

{
    skeleton_type man

}

{
    skeleton_type man

}

Very good and nice tutorial for all who want changed animations for light infantry only...

Thank you The Hedge Knight.

And don't forget what Yarkis said:"The new animations will slow down the fire speed somewhat (around 3-4 sec). You therefore have to adjust the reload rates."
    Last edited by Oby; December 04, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

Dose the Naval Effects mod work whit empire?

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    Dose the Naval Effects mod work whit empire?
    I tried naval tweak in Empire,but it won't work as I expected and as it works in Napoleon...If you'll try it with Empire,please report if your experience will be the same as mine.

Will see if I can do something to improve it...

Cheers!

Artifex

The Animations tweak remains one of the few mods that I absolutely won't film without. Such a seemingly simple mod, but a complete must have for vids, AFAIK. With this mod, you can visually emulate that "hold until you see the white's of their eyes" situation.

Thanks again Oby!

dude, what sound FX are you using? link?
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast