• Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PASSED[Citizen: Poach] [Patron: Katsumoto]

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default PASSED[Citizen: Poach] [Patron: Katsumoto]

Poach

Patron's paragraphGood day to all you fine members of the CdeC. I come before you again today so that you may consider another client of mine for citizenship. Poach is an outstanding guy who I believe has what it takes to join us in the blessed land. I believe his contributions are very diverse, ranging from simply lending a helping hand to detailed historical articles. Whatever the decision may be, I thank you for your time.

Katsumoto

Client's application
    Good day,

Having been offered the chance to apply for Citizenship, I decided I'd take the oppertunity presented to me and make the application. I have been a member of the forums for some time now, and take an active part in the community, both in the forums themselves and TWC-related activities.

I believe the strongest posts I have ever made on TWC are my articles on strategy that I wrote some months ago. I had been reading up on overall strategy for warfare, largely Second World War strategies. I completed my reading by writing articles for TWC, these can be found here, here, and here.

I am an active member of the TWC Minecraft Clan. I was previously an admin of sorts, though with the transition to a commune-style server government I no longer perform those functions as such. I do, however, take an active role in the server politics and assist new players voluntarily. In addition, I am an active member of the TWC Supremacy gaming circle.

I browse the game forums outside these, posting and assisting where I am able, such as here, about M&B Warband.

Outwith the game forums, I browse a diverse plethora of other boards:

I offer my assistance in the PH&A, where my membership of the OTC and ongoing experiences with the British Army allow me to render assistance in the Military Advice thread, where I offer any help I can to those seeking information on the British Armed Forces. I also make posts where I have relevent information, such as here, about University.

I am primarily active in the D&D forums, posting in articles I have some knowledge or opinion in. These are largely military-related articles, as well as some UK Politics threads. My better posts can be seen here, here, here, here, and here.

I also post extensively in the VV forum and related subforums. I am a fan of Military History and read extensively on it. I partake in discussion and debate in areas I feel I have the necessary knowledge in, my better posts including World War One Naval debates (and again), D-Day debates and strategy.

I hope I am regarded as having made a suitable (both past and ongoing) contribution to the site to have the rank of Citizen bestowed upon me.

Thank you for your time,

Poach.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Default Re: [Citizen: Poach] [Patron: Katsumoto]

Moderation Issues?

A note for off-topic posting on July 9th 2010 and the last infraction was 1 point for insulting others on May 14th 2010.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

The applicant is a member of the Secret Squeaky Club. Instinctively I have a feeling that we are looking at a solid citizen.

Side note: This is a great place for grooming up and coming modders.
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Poach is a nice chap, I see him being very helpful in the PH&A Military Advice thread, I can't speak for his D&D Activity but I don't know if there is enough solid contributions. Perhaps he could join Content?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    Poach is a nice chap, I see him being very helpful in the PH&A Military Advice thread, I can't speak for his D&D Activity but I don't know if there is enough solid contributions. Perhaps he could join Content?
    Perhaps he could, although I'm of the view that he already has enough quality posting under his belt for citizenship. I've known him since I started posting in the Mudpit and he is capable of formulating an objective opinion and then putting that opinion across in a polite and concise manner. He brings interesting points to debate, especially within his domain of expertise which would be the armed forces. You can look on him as something of a British Farnan.

Ah, thank you for the D&D perspective. I shall plunge in. Maybe a good writer for your publication Bronze Jom, a soldier's perspective.

Perhaps he could, although he's never expressed any interest in doing so and like I said, I've known him for a while so he knows that I'm the editor. I don't think that should be held against him, though. I think he's there already without having to add anything from content.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Perhaps he could, although I'm of the view that he already has enough quality posting under his belt for citizenship. I've known him since I started posting in the Mudpit and he is capable of formulating an objective opinion and then putting that opinion across in a polite and concise manner. He brings interesting points to debate, especially within his domain of expertise which would be the armed forces. You can look on him as something of a British Farnan.
    My delving into the matter has brought me to the same conclusion. I will be voting yes.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

I think we need to stop seeing the content branch as a stepping stone to citizenship and viewing it as a separate entity entirely. We need members there who are genuinely willing to contribute rather than just to achieve a goal.

On to the applicant however, i've came across him during my time in the VV and can easily say his posting is of the citizenship standard, so i'll be voting yes when the poll comes up.

I see a good writer in him, his knowledge coupled with his ability to 'argue' put him in good stead for the Helios. Merely a suggestion, not making it a stepping stone.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

First of all, the pot calling the kettle black.

Second of all, I agree in that Poach is a good candidate for the Helios.

Third of all, that is entirely on Jom to hire him or not, and Major was trying to be helpful - as always.

Disregarding the above comments, however, I have looked somewhat more into the user's posting history. I am very pleased with the posts that I have found. This is one of the times that I wish I could say that I have been watching the poster for a while and have wanted him to get the badge. It is not, but the fact that he has slipped people's notice and still contributed in a good fashion makes him all the more deserving in my eyes.

To recap, I will be voting yes on this user.

I have also looked into his posting history. I like this guy, great attitude in the Military Advice thread, good debates in the VV, especially on military topics. I don't see any of this diminishing post-rank affirmation, I also see no problem with those Mod interactions, seems like a reasonable chap probably a mistake. I can see him fitting very well into the CVRIA and SYMPOSIVM.

I shall be voting yes.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

A note for off-topic posting on July 9th 2010 and the last infraction was 1 point for insulting others on May 14th 2010.
    And a 1 pointer for insulting others on May 9th 2010 and one for off topic posting on April 27 2010.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    And a 1 pointer for insulting others on May 9th 2010 and one for off topic posting on April 27 2010.
    Don't like this. Will take a closer look before I decide.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

I'm not sure how much Meg is willing to customise the citizenship PMs to inform candidates when they pass, but if he does perhaps she could include a little note to the applicant to try and stay within the ToS in the future. He's a good candidate, we just need to iron out these little bumps.
    Last edited by Lysimachus; December 03, 2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: k that last bit was pretty stupid

Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    I'm not sure how much Meg is willing to customise the citizenship PMs to inform candidates when they pass, but if he does perhaps she could include a little note to the applicant to try and stay within the ToS in the future. He's a good candidate, we just need to iron out these little bumps.
    You don't regard 6 months without incident as "staying within the ToS"?

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

You don't regard 6 months without incident as "staying within the ToS"?
    We all have our ideas about regarding incidents that should stay within the ToS. For me personally 6 months isn't enough. However these infractions won't be decisive as he only collected 2 points for insulting, one point for off topic and one note.

I'll invest a yes in this one but he barely reached it.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast