View Poll Results: Will you get Dragon Age II?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 45.89%
  • No

29 19.86%
  • Maybe Eventually

50 34.25%
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you get Dragon Age 2?

Default Will you get Dragon Age 2?

I'm curious as to what the reception is going to be for this, here anyway. They're really making some bold changes, and going mainstream with it IMO.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Will you get Dragon Age 2?

No.

Not when it's released at least. Probably whenever I get really bored and want to reenter a generic high fantasy universe though.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

No way in hell.

Bioware can switch from making good games to making mainstream garbage, but that doesnt mean I will buy such games. the first dragon age was already the least of all their games in my opinion, and with this new direction there is nothing appealing at all to dragon age 2.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah, I am so curious about it...but only after seeing reviews from the community...
    Last edited by Sanguinary Guardian; January 08, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

I'm on the fence about it but I really don't like a lot of the changes they're making. It's like they're taking everything that I liked about Origins and changing it.

The way the game seems to be designed right now, I don't think about getting the game at all. There's far too much "actiony, casualy, bloody, main-streamy, over-the-top-y" stuff around in that game so far. If that turns out to be a complete mistake, and the game actually is a complex and challenging game with good design, I might just reconsider, but the chances are pretty slim for that, as far as I can tell...

Another reason for me not to go for the release version (or that of a few years ahead) is that DLC policy. I'd rather wait for a cheap edition that includes all of the content for an overall lower price, than buying an incomplete game at release for a far higher price. Yes, I'm looking at you, Ultimate Edition.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; December 01, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Despite the fact that I hate the new darkspawn and Hawke's spikey armor, I will be getting it on day of release. I am a sucker for BioWare.

I will. As long as the overall story and characters are good I know I will enjoy it. Despite how the game looks at the moment I still believe bioware will keep up their track record as they haven't made a bad game yet in my eyes.
    Sophisticated dragon

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Maybe, I must say bioware is on a downward slope so far.

Bioware has only gotten better the past few years with games like ME1/2 and DAO. I view DA2 as the game of the year for me and intend to get it on the day of release with massive anticipation.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Vic Vega's Avatar Decanus

I liked Dragon Age 1 because it is old-school, not sure about 2 though, probably gonna get it if my computer can run it.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I think my bro will get DA2, he's very excited about it. so yeah, I'm getting it eventually

Nope. Didn't get the first one, no reason to get the second.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's very likely that I will. Have a preorder ready as of now.

Yet there's many things I'm concerned with, hopefully as we approach March those things will be straightened out satisfactory. To an extent.
    Doubt everything will be done as per my bidding.

Needs to see more PC gameplay sometime.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Jeb View Post
    Nope. Didn't get the first one, no reason to get the second.
    What are you even doing here?

The first one took me by surprise due to the depth of character, and the overall plot (though somewhat of a cliche) worked well for the genre that it's in. However, I don't play video games anymore (don't ask why, I don't like them anymore for some reason), so DA2 probably won't be on my playlist. Only Bethesda can potentially draw me into playing a video game again.

Plutarch's Avatar Civitate

yes, most definitely. I loved DA, it was one of my favorite games, ive played it a few times through. What kind of Changes are they making to it tho? I havent really stayed up on the updates / changes. I hope its not too different....I loved the story line and lore for the game.....

Under the Patronage of Bulgaroctonus

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

they force you to play some uber guy called Hawke, they dont like you making your own story but prefer to force their crappy character on you. The entire game appears to be an ego trip to show us all how awesome this hawke is supposed to be. Likely ripps off dragon's heads and such.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

well, for ME2 you are always presented a renegade Shepard shoving people through glass windows and kicking ass. The paragon side is never mentioned.

so in DA2 who knows, since you can influence how a kingdom grows (or w.e) maybe there's more to it with H-man.
    No.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

It's a "Maybe" for me. If the combat is still true to it's predecessor, i'll be getting it, even if I dislike the art-style and animations (as in the end, that's all those are, the story and combat would still be solid, even if i'd much rather have my own character). If the combat does turn simplistic (and things like removing the overhead camera don't exactly give me confidence it won't), I won't buy it.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast