Thread: The Helios: TWC News, issue II

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default The Helios: TWC News, issue II

THE HELIOS
    Brought to you by: Kscott, Grimsta, Imb39, and Jesus the Inane
    ==========================================================
    First of all on behalf of the whole news team I would like to say Happy New Year! We have decided we will be releasing every Friday, just a little late this week(fault all my own).

Anyways, time to hear the news:
    ==========================================================

Within the Thema Devia there are a number of other forums, each with a myriad of threads. Today I shall look at The Circus Maximus. This area is a place to discuss other games except Total War. So if you are interested in something different, then this is the place to go!

One thread that is a particular favourite of mine concerns Europa Universalis 2. Here is the place to find out about this venerable game - what patches to get, what mods are available. Check it out!

Perhaps you are interested in something other than PC games. Well, there's something for you too. Do you have an opinion regarding Playstation 3 V.S X-BOX 360
    Which of them it's better? XBOX 360 have released but Playstation 3 not. Shall I buy the XBOX 360 now, or I should wait for PS3? What's your opinion?
    Online gaming is becoming increasingly popular, a fact that is not lost in the Circus Maximus. E.V.E. recently hosted a well executed plan. Read about it here.
    There's a corporation (i.e. a guild) in EVE apparently that specializes in bounty hunting. So about a year ago they're hired to kill the CEO (i.e., guild leader) of a massive and wealthy corporation and destroy as many assets as possible. So they infest ever tier of his corporation with informants, and a few months ago all of this culminated in one of the most massive and devastating acts of infamy in any MMO. Read more in the link.
    One of the newer forums added to this august place is the Physiologia - Science and Nature. This is the place to 'discuss anything about science, such as Animals, Nature, Archeology, Biology, Anthropolgy, Paleonthology.'

One of the most bizarre stories about nature developed fairly recently. Find out more about the Headless Chicken lived for 18 Months...
    September 10th, 1945 finds a strapping (but tender) five and a half month old Wyandotte rooster pecking through the dust of Fruita, Colorado. The unsuspecting bird had never looked so delicious as he did that, now famous, day. Clara Olsen was planning on featuring the plump chicken in the evening meal.
    Well this is the start of the story - find out more!

On a more 'cosmic' level we have two threads that immediately stand out. The first one concerns The Shape of the Universe.
    What do you think the shape of the universe is and what is your opinion on parrelel universe, wormholes, ect?
    The next concerns How the Universe started.
    Is it possible to ever know how the universe truely started? Like how long ago was the first spec of dust in the huge place that is space formed. How could somthing just come out of nothing? There had to be a time where there was just infinant blackness before the big bang or anything before that.
    Any thoughts?
    Pop by to these places, there's so much to get involved with!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signiture Thread Takeover!
    Originally the providence of Lord Rahl the Request a signiture thread has been taken over by TWC's Norwegion Community - consisting of CrackerMonkey. If you want a high quality Signiture Image at no cost visit CrackerMonkey Here!

Why is God Evil??
    I dont know the answer, but if you feel the urge to join in a flourishing debate then go Here!

CA Staff Quiz!
    Got a question for the staff at the Creative Assembly? If so, post Here! and see all your RTW flavoured questions answerd by the Creative Assembly's very own Shogun!

Scientology

Curious about the infamous religion of Scientology? Come here to discuss it, if you dare.

Zulu Total War
    Z:TW have released some new screenshots and have also set themselves a Date for release of a Demo! By Janurary the 18th of next year expect to be able to battle the brave Batavians or crush colonialist Brits!! Go Here!

SPQR 5.0 Released!
    Thats right! The latest version of Lt1956's masterpiece is available for download from Here! but its also up for discussion Here!

On the Movie side we have had 9 votes for King Kong and 3 for Narnia! if you want to influence this then PM either myself(GrimSta) asap!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hope you liked it, this week was written by all the writers(except myself). We will be beggining our regular issues this Friday, so make sure to stay tuned!

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

*clap*

Great Job, I was very surprised about the chicken!!!

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

It's amazing what you can find here...