Thread: Sacred Band

Default Sacred Band

What does it take to be able to recruit them? Carthage is a huge city with 40k+ people, a level 5 MIC and all the works. I can get Sacred Band Cavarly, Elite African Pikemen and Infantry, but still no Sacred Band Infantry. Also have the biggest temple to Baal you can have. I really want to use these guys to kick some roman butt.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Well I checked the data files and it says this for them. It was under royal_barracks, which I assume is a level 5 MIC.

recruit "carthaginian sacred band infantry" 0 requires factions { egypt, } and building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and hidden_resource alpha and hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and hidden_resource epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and not hidden_resource eta and not hidden_resource theta

Kart-Hadast has the following resources.
    timber, olive_oil, elephants, camels, bigport, navyport, mixed, smallfleet, varianteg, beta, gamma, eta, theta, pahlavahome

As you can see, you can't recruit them there because the right hidden resources aren't there. So, is this on purpose, and if you can't recruit them in Carthage, where can you?

I searched the descr_regions file and did find a place that matched this. Gava Haomavarga. That's it. So do I have to travel to Asia Minor just to get my Sacred Band? Perhaps The recruiting code for SBI should be the same as SBC, which is this.
    recruit "carthaginian royal cavalry" 0 requires factions { egypt, } and
    building_present_min_level government_type1 type1lvl2 and not hidden_resource alpha and
    hidden_resource beta and hidden_resource gamma and not hidden_resource delta and not hidden_resource
    epsilon and not hidden_resource zeta and hidden_resource eta and hidden_resource theta

Anyone?
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

the companions for macedon had the same problem.

you need to fix the hidden resources. real easy, although could you imagine doing it for hundreds of units, for every barrack level?

maybe make a report for the bug forum too, so EB knows about it and can fix it for next version :original: