Thread: Plaza Timer

Default Plaza Timer

Hi there, is there a way to get my plaza timer victory/loss conditions back? What files/values control these?

I think they poofed when I installed XAI.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Plaza Timer

XAI does not use the standard victory conditions, you have to have a sizable advantage to trigger the timer
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

So if defenders have no units in the square timer can still be triggered?
    I tended to use the timer for capturing settlements with small garrisons and large reinforcing armies, didnt notice the timer kicking in in the one case so far

PS. Good work on the AI, especially BAI, now charges cav into weak part of my formation (slav levies) instead of just the flanks!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Thanks! I would have to go look at the files to tell you more, been very busy lately.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Further battles confirm that even with 5 full units and no enemy, the plaza timer will not activate.
    Any ideas on how to reactivate it as a victory condition?
    last test was a perfect example of why a secondary objective is needed. was a stalemate with my exhausted units in his square and his 100metres away waiting for a single crossowman to run out of ammo, problem was the crossbowman glitched and kept shooting non-stop for an equivalent ~30 mins(enough time to make very exhausted units fresh) because of dead general I couldnt take the fight to them and they wouldnt attack me either.