Thread: What difficulty should I play EB on?

Default What difficulty should I play EB on?

I want your thought on ideal difficulty.

Easy/easy is, well, way too easy.

VH/M is a bit difficult, but I haven't tried too long on those (It takes about an hour a year, at least, w/loading times and what not, which is a real pain).

So, what difficulty should I try?

Major König's Avatar Civitate

Well, it seems like you figured it out. Easy too easy, hard too hard. I personally play on H/H.

I'm currently playing on M/M - which is fine for me to be honest

i play on campain hard and battle medium. i find that rasing an army with such little cash is hard and i have found 2 many times that the enemy has more men than u can shake a stick at so no need to go giving the enemy moral advantages which i think hard does

I normally play on Very Hard campaign and Medium battles. However the AI gets enough money in EB so I just play on Hard instead.

I play VH/VH, ther eis no other way to play for me -Leon

I suppose it depends on the faction you are playing, too. In my roman campaign I am playing on medium campaign and hard battles and I have been steamrollling since I took the whole Italy minus Cisalpine Gaul. So it is way too easy. But maybe for other factions (Casse comes to my mind), medium campaign could be suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    I normally play on Very Hard campaign and Medium battles. However the AI gets enough money in EB so I just play on Hard instead.
    Very hard campaign, medium battles for me. On very hard campaign, everybody is more aggressive; rebels will siege your towns instead of just standing there. Medium battles won't give the AI units bonuses, so the battles make sense. Hard battles might be good, too, if you aren't challenged at Medium.

LorDBulA's Avatar Biarchus

Vhard for campaigne, this way the AI will give its best shot. And Hard for battles to make them challenging but not unrealistic as in Vhard.

I play on campaign 'very hard' and tactical battles on 'medium'. THats because I would rather be outnumbered than outstated. I hate seeing my elite troops beaten by peasants

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

I play H/H or VH/VH. My current Makedon campaign is quite easy on H/H, but it's Makedon - what would you expect?

This game becomes too easy once you figure out the AI patterns. But I wub it anyway

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

I've been playing Parthia on VH/H for about 6 or 7 years, and I've only ever captured two provinces, one of which I lost. It's especially tricky to keep your finances under control with a horse culture, because of the very high recruitment and upkeep costs. The other alternative would be to have armies consisting of infantry, but Parthia's infantry sucks. So far, I've been having an excellent challenge, and I'm having to be very careful with troops and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Malrubius
    Very hard campaign, medium battles for me. On very hard campaign, everybody is more aggressive; rebels will siege your towns instead of just standing there. Medium battles won't give the AI units bonuses, so the battles make sense. Hard battles might be good, too, if you aren't challenged at Medium.
    I played on VH campaign and VH battle personally. I don't notice a lot of rebels attacking my towns. I really wish they would, it would be so much easier than having to go and bloody chase them down.

In BI, where the rebels can cross rivers without bridges, I had a rebel unit that I would attack, he would retreat over the river, and my forces would have to go around to the bridge. I would attack him on that side, and he would retreat back across the river again forcing me to go around.

I was not amused and had to resolve the situation by leaving a detachment behind when he fled over the river to catch him the next time he tried it. Wasted several years, which is why I love the BI 4 turns per year rather than 2. Much much better.