View Poll Results: Turning all minor nations major

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. gives added info and an extra Ģ1250 a turn

59 59.00%
  • NO. keeps everything the same as the previous version and demotes Hungary + Naples + Hessen to minor status

41 41.00%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] CJA's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 + 6.9<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Default Re: CAPTAIN JACK AUBREY's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5 + 6.6 + 6.7 + 6.8<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Hello Everyone,

The Global Conflict Mod has moved to here; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422293

Please post any comments about that mod there. Do not take this as the closing of this thread or the abandonment of the mods on this page or the people how use them, i will continue keeping them up to date and answering any queries.

Thank you

The Cap

Default Re: CJA's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 + 6.9<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Hey, gotta say, this is a great sub mod and I'm loving it. I've been having a little trouble though. Playing as the 13 colonies, I'm trying to have a revolution into a republic. At first, I used the monster startpos, started a rebellion in philadelphia the capital, but I only got rebels, not a revolution. I tried it in another city, boston, and got the same result. I then downloaded the Complete tech startpos for a different try and I'm wondering what I should do for a revolution now. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: CJA's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 + 6.9<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Hello firstly, glad you like it,

Yes, this problem is a known bugger, put in by ca to help in the ai introduction of America. I can however fix it mid game if you upload your save game I can fiddle with it and make it work, it's only literally changing two numbers, a flag file path and changing "United states" to "13 colonies".

The Cap

Well, you see, the problem is, I thought I could become the united states by having a revolution in the 13 colonies. That isn't at all possible is it? with the complete tech startpos, 13 colonies can change gov, but not into U.S. If a rebellion occurs in any region other than the capital, "americans" appear with an odd flag, not the one of the U.S.

Ah, I see

No I'm sorry but while the playing 13 colonies it is impossible to become the US. If you change a startpos line you can have the united states flag but you'll still be called the 13 colonies and will be unable to build "American specific" units like minutemen or usmc, etc

Thanks for pointing out the flag problem though

The Cap

Hello Captain Jack Aubrey, Thanks for you submod, very good indeed. However I have a similar problem than Sir Shfvingle. I was trying to play with new spain but I wanted to test if the revolution is actually working before starting a new game. I read above that you had change the capital city of new spain to new andalusia It seems to work for the 2 turn by year on the DMUC_C folder. But, I tried in the 4 initial turns both in 3 and 4 turns by year DMUC main campaign. In both cases the scripts seems to be working since (for example) Spain and New spain was allies not a protectorate, but no cahnges on the capital and I had only Mexican rebels not a revolution. Well I didnīt tried the Complete tech files, but I guess will be the same result.Do you think ther is a way to play the campaing on 4 turns by year and stiall have a revolution?. Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by zackanfein View Post
    Hello Captain Jack Aubrey, Thanks for you submod, very good indeed. However I have a similar problem than Sir Shfvingle. I was trying to play with new spain but I wanted to test if the revolution is actually working before starting a new game. I read above that you had change the capital city of new spain to new andalusia It seems to work for the 2 turn by year on the DMUC_C folder. But, I tried in the 4 initial turns both in 3 and 4 turns by year DMUC main campaign. In both cases the scripts seems to be working since (for example) Spain and New spain was allies not a protectorate, but no cahnges on the capital and I had only Mexican rebels not a revolution. Well I didnīt tried the Complete tech files, but I guess will be the same result.Do you think ther is a way to play the campaing on 4 turns by year and stiall have a revolution?. Thankyou.
    Iīm sorry I had make a mistake and put the wrong files while copy . I had tested the 3 turns by year files and is seems to be working, I didnīt managed to make a revolution yet, because the people are very happy (i will have to try it harder for more turns) but at least the capital city is in new andalusia. Thankyou again.

Hi Zack,

Haha ok then, well if you have any future problems don't hesitate to ask

The Cap

Hello,

Good work on this one but :
    1/ putting new files in DMUC_UMAIN let me play Naples, but I've had big loading probs in the Home screen which freezed alot when I chose new countries. Moreover, playing a few turns and stated treasury values doesn't update correctly.
    2/ unable to revert Darth original files because I've replaced them without any backup (stupid me)
    Playing DMUC 6.9 v15 (last one)

Could you tell me where to find original DMUC startPos.esf and scripting.lua ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by pino69; February 16, 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Civis

Hi 2 questions:

1) How to uninstall this submod?

2) May I have it installed with More balanced 4Tpy submod? may this mods work together?

thanks

Hello Marseu,

1) To unistall simply replace the moded startpos (the downloaded one)with the original startpos that is downloaded with DM

2) Yes, the balanced 4tpy mod does work with it, i use it, although only the 4tpy.pack file, not any new startpos' that come with it. Just remember to download the 4 turns per year version of this to get the balance

The Cap

Hello Cap, am having some trouble. When I extract the script and other file to the folder desired such as Dmuc_Umain or costume I never get to see the effect on the campaign faction choosing list. Do I have to download all files or am I doing something wrong. Please tell me what to do if I wanna download it for 2 turns per year and costume campaign.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

hi Dio,

The Pivotal file is the startpos.esf. this is the file that controls which factions are playable etc. this must be in either the C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Umain (Cmain if you want the custom campaign). the scripting file is only needed if you want the 13 colonies, Louisiana and New Spain to remain independant.

now if you've already downloaded the 2 turns per year Monster startpos and followed the instructions correctly, i can only assume that the download must have corrupted. therefore i would suggest redownloading.

if problems persist or you need any more help, dont hesitate to ask

the Cap

Hey great mod, just noticed an issue though that I assume is mod related:

Playing a new game as Morocco and I can't seem to recruit any cannons or artillery. I've researched to carcass shot, but when I right click on any artillery techs or the artillery buildings themselves, they all only say it enables x research and nothing about units. I also took Madrid and still cannot build any cannons from there either.

Cheers
    The Black Watch RHR of Canada
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    No one provokes me with impunity

Hello Jevon,

about Morrocco's inability to recruit artillery, as this mod only changes the startpos making factions playable, i can only assume that Morrocco infact cannot recruit artillery which is governed by the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions table in the dbtables (located in the dmuc_core.pack file), something that can be changed with the dbeditor and easily modded, literally the inclusion of a new line, with;

Morrocco | 12pdr artillery (for example) | True

simples

The Cap

not really a bug but every time i start a campaign with the knights of st john Britain declares war on me within 10 turns, any idea how to stop that?

Quote Originally Posted by nibelungvalesti View Post
    not really a bug but every time i start a campaign with the knights of st john Britain declares war on me within 10 turns, any idea how to stop that?
    Hello Nib,

Ah yes, GB's completely random assults on you as a Coastal minor nation. This happens all the time, and as your know very very very annoying. The only way I've found to stop this is on the VERY FIRST OPENING TURN to give them unlimited military access, alliance and a trade agreement. They probably won't accept without an extortionate amount of gold as well and the alliance won't last very long but it will stop you getting killed.

Hope this helps

The Cap

ok thank you i'll give it a shot.

it worked ^^

your mod is great, i'm having a lot of fun with Malta, very challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by nibelungvalesti View Post
    it worked ^^

your mod is great, i'm having a lot of fun with Malta, very challenging.

im glad you like it

The Cap