View Poll Results: Turning all minor nations major

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. gives added info and an extra £1250 a turn

59 59.00%
  • NO. keeps everything the same as the previous version and demotes Hungary + Naples + Hessen to minor status

41 41.00%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] CJA's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8 + 6.9<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Default Re: CAPTAIN JACK AUBREY's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5 + 6.6 + 6.7 + 6.8<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Hi Cap,

no problem. at least we know it is playable. I just move my armies to the borders ready for the invasion and use the first turn to set everything else up now.

Cheers
    Snot

Default Re: CAPTAIN JACK AUBREY's MONSTER STARTPOS >>>All Minors playable for DMUC 6.5 + 6.6 + 6.7 + 6.8<<< and IMPROVED MINOR FACTION GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS

Hello Minor faction players,

i am annoyed that 3 important military technologies/thinking are not immediately avaliable, despite being common usage for all modern european armies, namely;
    -Square Formation
    -Rank Firing
    -Canister shot

As major nations its relatively easy to get at least 2 or these with 6 or 7 turns, however for a schooless minor faction you can spend decades getting shredded by cavalry and decimated by charging melee or rank firing opposistion. to this end i am creating a version of the monster startpos that gives all nations (excluding Native Americans) the above 3 technologies from the outset.

source material:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannister_shot
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_square
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantr...s#Early_modern

please bear in mind that this may not work

The Cap

Hi,

speaking for myself, i like the challenge of being a minor nation, specifically because you have to drag your ass up from behind. From hanging around here, i believe that Fire By Rank is one of the most powerful techs to have, in game, and i wouldn't download these, however, i was disappointed that i didn't have a school. Schools, in one form or another have been around since the stone-age, so it is plausible that any minor nation would have one. Would it be possible to rather just give us a school instead of free tech, or as an option? Just a personal request.

Thanks
    Snot

Hi Snot,

i know that it is possible to give schools, but i would have to investigate how, and some factions, say Knights St John dont actually have a town they could make a school out of, but i will look into that possibility as well and maybe make one with techs, one with schools, but the school one is dependant wether or not im actually capable of adding schools thanks for your suggestions, appreciated.

The Cap
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; January 14, 2011 at 10:45 AM.

Centenarius

I like the idea of having the option to include these three techs to all minor factions. I hope you give us this option in the near future.

Also, if I play this mod with DMUC 6.8, do any of the minor factions have faction specific units? Or do all the minor factions just have a generic roster of units? A cool unit or two (or three) really make a faction so much more interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    Hi Snot,

i know that it is possible to give schools, but i would have to investigate how, and some factions, say Knights St John dont actually have a town they could make a school out of, but i will look into that possibility as well and maybe make one with techs, one with schools, but the school one is dependant wether or not im actually capable of adding schools thanks for your suggestions, appreciated.

The Cap
    I'm making a tutorial to teach you how to add schools, just give me a moment

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Hello Everyone,

im fiddling the startpos again here is my new plan and a list of things im attempting and work in progress;

Startpos changes
    -Cannister shot, rank Fire and Square formation unlocked for all factions, excluding native americans. (both minors & majors)
    -Any minor faction with 2 or more starting regions made a major
    -All factions that have maintance status changed to full.
    -updated victory conditions (aiming for historical-ish regions, eg: a german states has to conqueor the rest)
    -Fortes has kindly allowed me to use is east india companies mod)

localisation file
    -faction infos (this is a long term goal, as it is only cosmetic)

other possible
    -schools for schooless minors

suggestions welcomed and valued

the Cap
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; January 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

An here it is, tell if you have any doubt

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi Fluke

sorry, this doesnt give the minors new units other than the standard rosters, although some do have units that have been included by Darth by default, if you want extra units i suggest causa belli as it basically exactly that

the Cap

Cheers Fortes

when i can rep you again i will

The Cap

p.s.
    also Fortes, i love you East India companies mod, do you reckon it will possible for me to adapt it for this as it is AWESOME and i reckon people will love it here as much as i did when you brought it out, you and anyone else responsible will of course get mucho rep and congrats from me and all the deserved credit and that it derserves. thanks for the school thing

Centenarius

Thanks Captain. Yes, that is what I meant, if Darth DMUC itself has added units to any of the minors. They don't have to be custom units for that faction (like Causa Belli), but at least some additional units to make the minor faction fun to play. Like for instance would Saxony get some of Prussia's better infantry units?

Cheers Fortes

when i can rep you again i will

The Cap

p.s.
    also Fortes, i love you East India companies mod, do you reckon it will possible for me to adapt it for this as it is AWESOME and i reckon people will love it here as much as i did when you brought it out, you and anyone else responsible will of course get mucho rep and congrats from me and all the deserved credit and that it derserves. thanks for the school thing
    If I'm getting it right your idea is to integrate East India Companies in your mod, right? If so, go ahead, just remember the credit.

Good luck

cheers fortes

yeah, of course you will get the credit (i'll point people to rep you)

Thanks
    The Cap

(also Fortes your sig link for East India compinaies mod shows you revolving gif image instead)
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; January 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM.

cheers fortes

yeah, of course you will get the credit (i'll point people to rep you)

Thanks
    The Cap

(also Fortes your sig link for East India compinaies mod shows you revolving gif image instead)
    Thanks for the info.

Hello everyone,

right the work is coming along, now some factions you can play cannot have rebellions, that you can control due to emerging nations, for example your New Spain you want a different monarchy but if theres a rebellion Mexico rebels appear, so my suggestion is to you, if it is possible because the faction has other regions changing the capitals these countries to other regions they own so that you can rebel/force revolutions for differnet government types.

Factions/Regions considered for rebellion review:
    -New Spain: Ex-capital - Mexico City, New Capital - New Andulasia (4 slot city)
    -13 Colonies: No capital change but capital doesnt rebel to United States, although other regions still will
    -Flanders: If Flanders region rebels, should a Dutch (faction) army appear?

thanks again for thoughts

The Cap

Hi Cap,

thanks for all the effort regarding making minor factions more playable.
    I can't see where to rep you; do i have to have a certain number of post first?

Cheers
    Snot

hi Snot, i think there is some kind of limit, just give us one if you get there its no biggy

To Everyone

Progress of new release:
    Completed
    -20 nations classified major, (no UI problems for this many)
    -New Spain's capital changed to allow for New Spainish government change revolutions
    -Flanders rebellion spawns a Dutch army instead of generic rebels
    -Malta (K St John) now have trading port instead of shipyard
    -Hungary allied and trading with Austria from outset
    -All factions have; cannister shot, Fire By Rank and square researched from the outset
    -Any faction classified maintanece in startpos reclassified Full

Working
    -Adapting Fortes' excellent East India company mod to allow BEIC, VOC and FEIC playable in India
    -Adding the recruitment of Guard Infantry to Improved minor government building mod (will be included as default in release)
    -Changing Localisation file for correct naming (changes so far: Austria=Habsburg Empire, Italian states=Papal States, Hessen=Hesse-Cassel)
    -Improved Victory conditions

Unconfirmed additions
    -Schools in some minor regions
    -Hudson bay company in Ruperts land (British Ally+trading)

Unatainable aims
    -13 Colonies successful revolution. succeded Revolution results in 13 Colonies name+colour but USA flag. i have a plan involoving rearaging flags but then this may well balls up the United States

The Cap
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; January 15, 2011 at 05:30 PM.

Hello everyone

a quick question to do with victory conditions;

do you want more victory conditions or for most minor nations to continue having one?

to answer simply post;
    Yes more VC's
    or
    No more VC's

main Pro of more VC's
    -A more focused campaign

Main pro of no more VC's
    -A more dynamic campaign

thank you for your answers

The Cap

Default Hungary Problem

Started a campaign as hungary , using captain auberys mod. Its quite strange but I have movement problems. First my gentleman can move across half of europe in one move (is that meant to happen?) and second , my army units cannot move around parts of my region beside the fort. There is a fort east of the hungary capital and I am blocked from moving anywhere near it. It must be some sort of bug. Any idea ?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Hungary Problem

Moved to the sub-mod thread in question.