Thread: retraining question..

GeneticFlea

Default retraining question..

hey guys, im currently playing Europa Barbarorum, but in the past this problem has occured in RTR and vanilla RTW. Sometimes when i have a unit that is very low in numbers, say a warband of 120 that has only 10 people left...often when i retrain the unit, it does not replenish the units numbers, yet when i go to retrain it again, it is not on the retrain menu, so clearly the computer thinks that it has retrained them...anyone have a clue?

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFlea
    often when i retrain the unit, it does not replenish the units numbers
    It does this someetimes to upgrade the weapons or armour of the unit. Make sure the warband is in a settlement which can train warbands. (duh)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneticFlea
    yet when i go to retrain it again, it is not on the retrain menu,
    Has the unit merged with another warband?
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

GeneticFlea

yeah i always make sure its in a place that can train that type of unit...per haps in the past they have merged together and over time have been decimated down? would this have something to do with it?

That town could proably only upgrade your warbands weapons/armour but not train new warbands and therefore you didn't get any fresh recruits, only armour weapon/upgrades.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

I get a similar problem, but only with Wardogs units (I've only noticed it happening when playing as a Roman faction). I open the retrain window, add the damaged wardog unit to the list and, come the next turn, it is only partially, if at all, retrained. This happens no matter what city I try to retrain in - as long as the city has the capability, of course! It has only just started happening since I installed BI...

Might have something to do with the fact that only the handlers are retrained(you get new wardogs depening on how many handlers you have).
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji