Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spain, should it be added in?

Default Spain, should it be added in?

Hello, this is the Offical Unoffical "Petition" to get Spain back in the game. I also hope people can debate it and hopefully Lt will listen .

Anyway, my reasons: Having a faction for Spain would make Spain alot harder to conquer, making it another Germania/Briton. I also loved playing Spain in the orginal game and they ranked in top 5 favorites. If Spain is added it'll most certainly mix things up in the Western Mediterranian!

-Revan

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I think Spain is represented fine by rebels... probably more accurate to have them disunified like that. Makes it into a warzone between Carthage and Gaul, too.

In my experiances Gaul usually sweeps across Spain and Carthage makes no gains what-so-ever, if they even hold the ones they start with. Currently Spain is really just a freebie for Gaul, doubling their provinces. In addition, if you want historical accuracy by dividing Spain up, you'd need to destroy half the game's factions to divide Gaul up into the Averni, Aedui, Sequani, etc. What about the German Teutones, or Suebi?

-Revan

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Simply speaking Spain isn't historical, and keeping those lands as rebels works fine. Instead of having Spain as a faction maybe you can create the Iberian mercenaries faction or something, but what ever happens DON'T call it Spain. Boy oh boy CA really f'ed when they added Spain into this game.

I called it Spain because that's what it would be most recognizable as. Certainly you could say "Hispania" "Iberia" or something else you could think of that's historical.

Also what do you mean by "Iberian Mecenaries faction"?

-Revan

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great
    I called it Spain because that's what it would be most recognizable as. Certainly you could say "Hispania" "Iberia" or something else you could think of that's historical.

Also what do you mean by "Iberian Mecenaries faction"?

-Revan

Simply because Hannibal hired a lot of mercenaries from that region, I was just throwing some ideas around.

I am trying to clarify what your idea is. Iberian Merc Faction=what? A actual playable faction? A pool of mercenary recruits? Particular named rebels like "Voscontii Rebels"?

-Revan

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

Default Iberia strikes back!

Please do it ! Put Iberia on next pach!

AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Yes I want an iberia faction. It's annoying fighting only Gauls and Carthies in Spain.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

ehh.. I am fine without them, but I have to admet that they would be a pretty cool addition into the game. And if you really wanted to you could have two spanish factions and some rebels in spain. or one spanish and mostly rebels. Doesn't matter to me.

A small Spanish faction probably wouldn't work, they'd just get wiped out by the Gauls just as Dacia does by Germans/Macedon.

-Revan

Well there is no discussion on this. I also tested SPAIN when using the Warmap and found the same old issues. Spain was hurting the gauls. By making SPAIN rebels you get the Spanish Units and High Revolt, without hurting gaul which is already weak compared to other barbarians.

I see no problem with having no SPAIN. afterall the rebel areas over there make Spanish units, whats the big deal? Unless you just want to play them? I see no logical reason to add them, Historically they were Celt-Iberians which measn Gaul and Iberians got along VERY well, something we cant do in the game. I think the rebel Idea fits Spain well and show what nightmare place it was to subdue! lol

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Well there is no discussion on this. I also tested SPAIN when using the Warmap and found the same old issues. Spain was hurting the gauls. By making SPAIN rebels you get the Spanish Units and High Revolt, without hurting gaul which is already weak compared to other barbarians.

I see no problem with having no SPAIN. afterall the rebel areas over there make Spanish units, whats the big deal? Unless you just want to play them? I see no logical reason to add them, Historically they were Celt-Iberians which measn Gaul and Iberians got along VERY well, something we cant do in the game. I think the rebel Idea fits Spain well and show what nightmare place it was to subdue! lol

Lt
    Intead you could include a fun faction to paly, that wont effect the gameplay of the other factions,... like the Caledonians

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Have you tried to make a single provence faction? When I made the attempt to add them in with one city they didn't give gaul too much problems... And with the new patch (1.6) you can set each factions relationship to eachother with a numeric value, basicly ranging from very likely to not likely to have war.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Its silly SPQR is tailored around Rome, not the otherfactions, to make so the player can play the faction is in the minority. there are a FEW people that like playing SPain for whatever reason I cannot see why, and that is not the focus of my mod. I removed spain and numidia and never regretted it since. Especially seeing how well the AI performs. Also remember SPQR is different, no one can really test spqr in 1.5 or the warmap because no one has it yet. lol I have and spain even starting small can grow quick. Oh and those diplomatic settings mean nothing very little has changed on RTW diplomacy. It will not be in SPQR 6.0 either. I feel its ruins the game to have ceasefires almost imediately when the game starts. The whole Idea is to have a challenge not make the game easier.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

plus its a private mod lol, so what lt wants your stuck with, unless you suggest somethign not thought of.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

If thats your choice I'll respect that.

Plus, its not like its hard to edi any mod to your own persional tastes. (like all the people adding diplomats)
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

I don't see the problem with a Rome style alliance or something, but w/e I guess. Could make Gaul-Iberia-Germania Triumvirate

-Revan

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I agree with lt completely. Revan, your statement of separating Gaul into tribes is interesting, but look at it like this. The Gauls as a people expanded...the Iberians didn't. Thats why they sacked Rome, settled in some Spanish lands and some ended up in Anatolia. That's why they make a good faction (remember that barbarian factions really couldn't be made into coherent nations, and needed to be grouped for the sake of gameplay). And for the record, I've seen Carthage take the entire Iberian peninsula (though with lots of rebellion problems), so don't assume what you see in your games as absolute fact, Revan. (Plus, is Gaul doubling a bad thing in a mod aimed at making Rome more difficult? )

Having them divided into tribes wasn't serious, I was more throwing it out as to why Spain would be justified by being several united tribes. It's easy to see why Gauls sacked Rome etc. The main reason was proximity, where as Iberians were in Iberia they'd have to cross through modern-france in order to get to any civilized nation. They were pretty much fenced in my the Pyrrenese (sp?) and Gaul itself.

-Revan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast