Thread: Mali Empire faction

Default Mali Empire faction

i'm really loving the mod and the ability to play as the Mali Empire. I'd like to make some suggestions that you could add in the next patch...

1. Redo the Mali flag...I'm a researcher on African history and especially the Mali Empire. I've uploaded a graphic of the flag Mansa Musa carried into Egypt in 1325. It is a really simple flag but historically accurate. Here is the link...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mali_empire_flag.jpg

2. Rename the songhai sofa unit to mandinka sofa. Early on the songhai weren't part of the empire and the units fight the same way (javelins then up close with spears)

3. Make the beginning capital Kangaba or Niani. Koumbi Saleh was never the Mali imperial capital.

That's about it. You may also want to check out this page I created on wikipedia dedicated to the military history of the Mali Empire...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...he_Mali_Empire

Default Re: Mali Empire faction

On a general level this mod is not based on historical accuracy but the changes you have mentioned are not hard to implement and we will try are best to implement them in Reg mod's next patch.
    Thanks for sharing the valuable intel, we appreciate it.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Thank you for the input.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

It says it excisted after 1230. So I assume it isn't used as a starter faction for mods taking off before 1230?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    It says it excisted after 1230. So I assume it isn't used as a starter faction for mods taking off before 1230?
    It's like Portugal and Georgia really did not exist until after 1080, and Portugal is a vanilla faction. For those thar want absolute hstorical accuracy of which is not my goal, in the Mod Workshop are tutorials for naming the faction for what it was and entering all the events for the actual name and date.

You can email CA and tell them all about how Portugal shoulb be emergent about 20 years later, and I'd bet the the only response you'd would be none.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

well sicily is an other.

Keep going. That'ts why it's a game, not a history lesson. If it was a hisory lesson, the Crusades would be scripted, no Jihads to speak of, and you'd never conquer the world.

You know who won the American Civil War, right? About twenty odd years ago, a guy made a shareware DOS game of it. Pretty simplistic by today's atandards, but you could play the South and win.