Thread: Beta Release delayed

Default Beta Release delayed

Hey guys;

The release of our public beta, which was planned for the 30'th of december, has to be delayed. The campaign map is not functioning properly, and until that problem has been solved, we can't release our work. Hope you guys can cope with it :'( I feel really bad about it. As soon as we've fixed it, you'll all hear it

Nero666, on behalf of the ROP team
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

i was expecting it anyway. Short before New Years Eve is it hard to get the team work on the Mod. No worries. Better wait a week or two, but having a less buggy start.

Greetz
    Houmie

I agree with Houmie. I hope you solve the problem shortly.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Glad to see you're not to angry about it ^^ I hope Uranos can fix the map as soon as possible...
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Damn! Well this happens.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Uranos, our mapper, resigned from his function. I'm doing my best to deliver a good job in his stead. Fortunately, I've already been able to make a new version of the campaign map, which doesn't CTD at any point. The only problem is, that I have to totally recreate the regions. I only have six of them in the current version. It may still take a while to make it totally playable by you guys.

Lead developer of:

Good luck!
    Hope you can release the much anticipated beta soon!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Because the release has been delayed for so long, Goscinio, our modeller/skinner, had enough time to make the entire greek army for the Athenaians, Lakadaimonians, Yaunans ánd Magna Graecians (that last faction name may change to Taras or Megale Hellas).
    He's currently working on some units exclusive to the Spartans (Lakadaimonians), and when he's ready with all of them, there will of course be a preview

Lead developer of:

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Oh, the fans are going to enjoy seeing the Greeks!

Yeah let us wait and suffer!

Thank you so much guys for putting your time into this mod. But I am sure this mod will become as great as the TotalRealism Mod.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

I would rather wait for a well made mod than get a piece of crap early..(cough)..BI..(cough)
    Anyway good luck!
    Blut und Boden

Indeed that's the way to see things. The problems *are* being fixed, and I'm becoming quite good at mapping even though I say it myself. Goscinio is currently fixing the Spartan units up a little, they'll have very nice beards when they're done, as an addition to the Spartiatai Hoplitai and Spartiatai Hippeis pics you might've seen in the Gallery.

Lead developer of:

Just wanted to mention that I just uploaded the 2 new screenshots: the Spartiatai Hippeis and the Spartiatai :wink:
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri