Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LME Pictures - With Campaign Context

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: LME Pictures - With Campaign Context

The new Colonne D'Attaque in action - charging through the Prussian line during my Blitzkrieg to take Brandenburg early in my new campaign, 1813.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tired of TWC Arrogance

A few for today - Close-ups of my light cavalry in action fighting the Austrians

A worried look on this troopers face

Taking Aim

"Staring Death in the Face"

Hussar of the Imperial guard

Happy New Year!

Great shots Pdguru!

Three stills from my upcoming promo of the mod.

Under the glorious patronage of MasterBigAb

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Good job mate!

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

Here two pics from the battle in Brussels. I played with the Batavian. Be aware, that i am a lousy pic-editor...

Was a hard Battle...

But the Cav on the right flank won the battle

Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; January 01, 2011 at 10:53 AM.

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

A Battle in South Netherland between France and Prussia.

A french soldier detected the prussian army.

Damn, the saw us. Its hard to stay undetected with these shiny uniforms...

Uff...god save Napleon, the shot is too short...

The prussian lineinfantry took position near the bridge

The prussian light Infantry took the france soldiers under fire...

The france dont like the holes in their uniforms because of the light-infantry-fire. So they start to run on the bridge...

Oh oh, bad idea...

The prussian line infantry took the enemy under hard fire...

and so the frances lost moral and leaved the battleground very quick (they were too quick, coudnt take a pic )
    Last edited by ♔Icebear77♔; January 01, 2011 at 01:21 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Nice shots, IceBear!

A few from me today.

Summer 1815, France end game Campaign. Having defeated the Prussians, the Austrians have been saved from my dominance only by a determined expansion by their Russian allies who have crushed the Poles mercilessly and persitantly pressure my eastern front. While keeping the Russians at bay, I invaded and took Ireland and Scotland, but Wellington himself led a well equipped army north to take them back. I met him outside Edinburgh, and defeated him in a ferocious battle with extensive losses to both sides. My defences were reliant on a long stone wall which stretched the length of my left flank, behind which I positioned my guns. Fearless charges by British light dragoons and Highland infantry ended in piles of bodies of men and horses as the battle ebbed and flowed. Only a timely charge by my guard hussars and comitting my two reserve battalions turned the tide in my favor. Pictures below:

My infantry retreat from the wall, in the face of repeated charges by the fierce Scottish infantry...

The timely charge by my cavalry reserve - over the hill and into the Scottish flank and rear...

The casualties behind the defensive line amongst my abandoned artillery - my remaining gunners have retreated to safety...

What remain of my forces regroup to ensure any counter attack can be dealt with...

Happy new year, everyone.
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 01, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

This is invariably a silly question, but as I'll be starting my first Endgame Campaign fairly soon, how exactly does one "unlock" the camera from it's rather limited angles?
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    This is invariably a silly question, but as I'll be starting my first Endgame Campaign fairly soon, how exactly does one "unlock" the camera from it's rather limited angles?
    Find your preferences.script.txt file located alongside your user.script.txt file.

There is a line named:
    default_camera_type 2; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #

Just make sure that the first digit is 2 and you can move your camera within ships, underground, high-up etc. Only 0 and 1 can be selected in-game

Thanks lutland, now to acquire some better shots of the Old Guard slaughtering everything!

EDIT: Alright, I'm having a conundrum. I don't know whether or not to start a France 1813 campaign (I've only played the French in any campaign so far, vanilla or otherwise, like their unit roster, the challenge and I'm a sucker for Revolutionary France ideology), or a Russia 1807 campaign (I like howitzers, and unicorns and licorns, well they call to me). I'll probably end up doing an informal AAR with the next campaign I play, so someone give me a suggestion one way or the other.
    Last edited by MajorStoffer; January 08, 2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Oh my God Pdguru...
    How do you manage to get so neat pictures in game?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Collingwood,

It's a matter of getting a moment I like, and then cropping to get the best composition and then adding the focus effect (if necessary - the one below does not have any focus changes).

One for today; Westphalian 8th Regiment in firefight against invading Russians outside Brandenberg, just as the sun breaks through on a misty, rainy, late October morning, 1814.

Last edited by Pdguru; March 21, 2011 at 06:35 PM.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Awsome shot, mate!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Thank you KDK.

Late 1814 and Russian forces probe Bohemia knowing the main French force under Ney is to the South fighting the Austrians who are in retreat. The Russians were met by an AI Saxon army, and my force under Soult, with only artillery and cavalry moved up to support them.

The Russians make haste to engage the Saxons in melee - whose militia are no match for them - this poor chap is fleeing in blind panic...

And who could blame him - this guy looks plain scary...

Two units form square together (a fluke of the AI but it looked great) on the side of a hill in an attempt to halt the Russian flood of men and horses...

The Saxons were soundly beaten but Soult's arrival meant the day was not lost completely.

Last edited by Pdguru; January 21, 2011 at 10:22 AM.

I don't know how you take such great screenshots, but man they give me a whole different appreciation for this game.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I don't know how you take such great screenshots, but man they give me a whole different appreciation for this game.
    Thanks, Gatecrasher. I know what you mean - the fact that these images can be captured makes me realize what's really going on in during the battles - what an amazing piece of work NTW is, and, like you say, it gives an appreciation of detail and intricacy that many people simply don't see as they stay high up, directing the battle.

I would recommend everyone pause their game frequently... walk a reconstruction of the Napoleonic battlefield in a way many of us only dreamed of as boys. Set the camera to the developer mode (so you can get right down there as in my pictures) and take the time to find vantage points; go see what's going on, and enjoy the staggering amount of work put in by CA and all the modders who have taken NTW to the next level. And heck, take some pictures while you're there!
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 21, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Developer Mode? How does one do this?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Developer Mode? How does one do this?
    Sorry - I meant to say debug mode. I assume you know this already, but if you haven't discovered it yet, find the following line in your preferences file and set it to:

default_camera_type 2; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #

Remember to set the file to read only or you will have to reset it each time.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Sorry - I meant to say debug mode. I assume you know this already, but if you haven't discovered it yet, find the following line in your preferences file and set it to:

Remember to set the file to read only or you will have to reset it each time.
    Ah thank you! THis works for Empire as well?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

With the Prussians subdued and bottled up in Eastern Germany, my forces swing south in an attempt to push the Austrians westward and open the way to Vienna. But the Russians have come to help - here are pictures of fighting against them in Bohemia on a late afternoon in early summer, 1815.

My line rushes downhill as the Russian line begins to waver below them...

Further down the line, more Fusiliers watch and wait nervously in a wide ditch alongside the guns.

Last edited by Pdguru; January 26, 2011 at 08:27 AM.