Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intructions for installing and running mod

Default Re: Intructions for installing and running mod

Is there a chance that the self-installer will be updated to include the Zulu battles and units?

Hi guys, really excited about this mod.
    I've been following the original Zulu Total War for what seems like ages then I believe it got canned.

Anyhow, I've a problem getting the mod to run...

I've tried the installer, it didn't work, so I tried manually... didn't work either.

So what I get is a small window with a zulu that goes green, when you click on him I get a dos box which starts with "moved file 1... copied file...." and so on, then I get a menu with the different campaigns listed, so I click on the anglo/zulu war and get a loading screen with 3 zulus on it, the middle one wearing a British jacket, standing on a corpse... and that's it, it goes no further no matter how long I wait.

Any ideas would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure because I used the installer and everything works fine but when I've had this problem with other mods (crash upon launch) it is usually because I have conflicting commands in my user script. You might take a look at that and see if another mod or something is interfering with the launch.

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

Hey guys im new to this forum and mods...

So do i just need to download the files mentioned in the first box of THIS thread (husserltw), and then follow the instructions he gives? If so it shouldnt be too hard.

I tried getting this mod before but i dowloaded the orient.exe launcher along with all the other files on this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=403556 and the game stopped working on the loading screen of a custom battle (after launching with orient launcher). After that i couldnt load napoleon or the zulu mod at all and just kept getting the black box saying 1 files copied etc. and then the steam 'napoleon total war preparing to load' box.

I have since deleted all the files i downlaoded from the above link, and after 'verifying' the cache for steam along with other things i have managed to get NTW working again.

Im a big fan of this era of history and the movies, so hopefully the links and instructions on this thread will allow me to play this mod. Thanks.

Also, when i try to put the mp_eur_napoleon folder into the campaigns folder, there is already one there and i have to merge?
    Last edited by burnzi92; August 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

When you say 'part 1' are you talking about the self installer. And the other parts are the zulumap pack and the modified deployment zones?

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

AN UPDATE

I have downloaded all the files on the page (orient, the manual file under the OR section), the zulumap and the modified deployment zones. I havent done anything with any of the files except the orent autoplay thing. I have launched that, and after clicking the khartum link ive had the black screen with the copied file list, and then the game has worked, and unlike last time i have been able to play a battle woth no problems (only tiny lag) with sound! Just need to see if the zulu one works now, or whheter i need to do something with the other files.

Great work with this mod!

OK - launched zulu and all works fine, however none of units or generals on either the zulu or the british side were there like they wee when i tried before (when the game crashed), just the khartum ones i guess i need to do somethign wit hthe other files then. i mvery happy with the khartum stuff for now though.
    Last edited by burnzi92; August 28, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

If you exit the launcher completely after playing Orient and then re-open it and select Zulu, the units should be there. You can't switch from one to the other without completely exiting the launcher or it won't show the new units.

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

YES! It all works now thanks. It all seems so simple now haha, im new to mods. Hopefully some day steam will finally make itself useful and create a service where modders upload their work and it can be easily downloaded from there. Thank god for forums.

hello everybody,
    im a big fan of the victorian age, so i downloaded the mod... i installed it one time with selfinstaller and another time with manual-installation. everything went fine but if i start the game the loading screen (of both install-forms) freezes and you cant do anything. i need to mention that i bought the game and installed it, but now i have no internet and i dont wanna use everytime the cd so i use now a crack (sorry). could that be the cause of my problem that the mod is waiting for steam?
    thanks for helping

GeneralL's Avatar Ducenarius

Nice mod, really. But where's the sound ?
    Invictus I Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Briggadoon View Post
    hello everybody,
    im a big fan of the victorian age, so i downloaded the mod... i installed it one time with selfinstaller and another time with manual-installation. everything went fine but if i start the game the loading screen (of both install-forms) freezes and you cant do anything. i need to mention that i bought the game and installed it, but now i have no internet and i dont wanna use everytime the cd so i use now a crack (sorry). could that be the cause of my problem that the mod is waiting for steam?
    thanks for helping
    It's possible that the crack be the cause of the problem. You don't need steam specially for this mod if you manage to run vanilla NTW . Use the cd and mod manager to launch it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralL View Post
    Nice mod, really. But where's the sound ?
    When you have no sound in NTW, it's sure (99,99 % sure) that you have an other mod in your data that is in conflict. Try to find which one or make a clean reinstall by steam.

Bryce Caron's Avatar Ordinarius

Would really love to see an automated installer like those used in Darthmod, ACW, and a few others. It would make it much easier for someone like me. Considering links are out of date, instructions are complicated, megaupload has been closed, and the instructions aren't for steam users. I seriously doubt this will happen, but it's keeping me from being able to play for now I guess so, whatever.

cpimentel's Avatar Laetus

I have a very serious problem. I tried installing the mod via the Orient.exe self installer. I dont know why in hell it does this, but everytime it tells me that i do not have the amount of space required, yet i have 144 Gigabytes ready to go! And for the manual installation, i have the steam version, and i need someone to tell me, step by step how to do it.

cpimentel's Avatar Laetus

Not to worry, i've found a solution to my problem: a NTW version of Mod Manager. Was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cpimentel View Post
    Not to worry, i've found a solution to my problem: a NTW version of Mod Manager. Was enough for me.
    please can you say how you have done? I have the same problem! Thank you!

I have a problem where the launcher doesn't launch NTW. I click the Zulu and the .bat file opens, but at the point where it should open up the game, it does nothing. The closest I have got to it launching is steam telling me "The app is already running". Any help please?

Would be good if these instructions were in the main topic instead of the 4 step instruction I followed from main post, which has resulted in my NTW going totally wrong. splash screens gone, can't play the normal game now, just the mod. great. why make so many topics when all this essential info should be in one? i.e. the main topic?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

I er, get told upon opening orient I don't have enough space, I have 250GB free! any ideas?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I download the orient files, install them, get the box where the Zulu is standing over the dead British soldier, i click on the little Zulu guy, get the DOS box showing moving files then i get a large page showing three Zulu's in various poses, the game starts, the video from the four feathers starts, i click to start the game and there is NO Zulu option only the original NTW

I have attempted this several times, what am i doing wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12