Thread: incorrect buildings in descr_strat files

Icon4 incorrect buildings in descr_strat files

Some people playing my Map submod complained for not being able to start a campaign. They got kicked back to menu and then they got this message upon exiting the game.

If they played the Roman campaign. But the same error happened in all campaigns.

I made a search through RS files, and found out that all descr_strat.txt files have multiple building lines like this:
    Code:
        building
        {
            type civil_order order
        }
    But there is no building that matches that name in EDB.txt. Indeed:
    Code:
    building civil_order            ;;;Roman Barracks Trees begin
    {
        levels order1 order2 order3 field_mars imperial_legion praetorian_training castra_praetoria
    Now, this seems to be the usual stupid error that stays hidden and then pops up when it thinks it's ready and\or when you edit some DS values that have nothing to do with it. I have fixed it in my submod, please fix it in the next patch as well.
    Last edited by Spartan 666; November 29, 2010 at 04:38 AM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: incorrect buildings in descr_strat files

The first building in the Roman barracks tree was intentionally removed....but only in the two Roman campaigns. That was because moving the allied and AOR Roman units to the client\allied state buildings made one of the Roman ones redundant.
    But, I still have to make some changes to the client state side as Tone didn't like it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: incorrect buildings in descr_strat files

I imagined something like that..

What I can't understand is why that error started to pop up only at a certain point instead from the beginning; I managed to play for a week without any trouble for a week, and all italian cities had a properly working barracks.