Thread: Congrats

Default Congrats

Congradulations Lt!! You have truely made probably the best mod out there in many peoples eyes. It is exciting, fun, and most of all hard. Which we all like.

So once again congradulations ,
    MasterAdnin

joining the congratulations

any word on 6.0?
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

sorry, double post
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

6.0 will be later, enjoy 5.0. lol I dont want to rush 6.0 as I plan no additional patches for it later. it will be a last and final version. Plus I think it will be the best version of all of them. But that will wait to be seen.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Dabaz for one you didn't double post, but even if you had it doesn't make it better if you triple post to say sorry. Simply apologize in the duplicated post lol.

Also congrats to Lt, would you mindt telling us what you are planning to change/implement/add to 6.0 or are you still in "OMG I FREAKING DID IT!"-mode and not ready to talk about the next one :laughing: ?

-Revan

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Full agreement ! I tip me hat to ya LT. Wicked work SPQR is the most fun I can have by my self Ah go on.... Tell us a little about 6, we promise not to tell any body else :wink:

gach maith duit (may all good befall you)

You cant soar like an Eagle when you are flying with turkeys !

Happy new year everebody!

Well done!!! best mod around IMO looking forward to 6 and late republic :original:

6.0 will be harder, there are less provinces than the original SPQR map and the provinces are farther apart. Also win conditions are now 155 provinces to conquer. No more short campaigns. You can play the short campaign if you want that. lol I might use some new animations, hopefully a new gladius animation and some others that I didnt use in 5.0

Garrisons have changed, and Thrace is back in the game. All capitals have stone walls at start and are more developed for all factions except romans. Even barbarians have their capitals with stone walls.

I plan to add the horse mod to SPQR 6.0, Takes time because I have to make Sprites for all of them because he didnt. :-/

AI is better and so if campaign with 1.5 patch with SPQR settings. Invasions etc can happen. The garrison script (Dark Star) is fully operational, and should bring order to the galaxy..... wait a minute wrong game. lol Truly the garrison script works great and you can use it or not, depedning if you want a challenge or not.

Thats some info, more maybe later. The mod is working and should be ready soon for the Beta testers and then after that Release.
    Lt_1956

Thanks LT ! Sounds very interesting indeed Like I said, I wont tell anyone :wink:
    gach maith duit

You cant soar like an Eagle when you are flying with turkeys !

w00t Thrace is back! You should make them Roman-style allied to Dacia, so Dacia doesn't topple after 15 years fighting Germans and Macedonians at once. Now if only you'd add the Spanish, my life would be complete

-Revan

Lol, I just hope that Greece isn't always being defeated by Macedonia and the Brutii. In 4.6, the land bridges made Macedon so hard for the Greeks and the Brutii also constantly invaded. But over all, it was the funnest I had ever had with RTW, I gotta give you props Lt.

MasterAdnin

now i'm sorry for a dumb question, what is the horsemod?

Quote Originally Posted by dabaz
    now i'm sorry for a dumb question, what is the horsemod?
    It makes the horse models and skins look more realistic.

Lt, weren't you going to implement and option/add a seperate download for a Unified Rome? I guess you're waiting for 6.0, but just wondering what happened to it.

-Revan

5.0 is old news because of the new patch, if the patch didnt come out then I would be working on that, but because of the patch I have to look to the future, which means anything that would be an addon would be for thr 6.0 version. It takes alot of work to changes things or add greek egyptians. I have to have the skins, sprites, UI cards, and then edit the correct files. All takes a lot of time. Unified Rome is a Pain also as I have to edit the map and change garrisons etc. It all a matter of time. I am sure some others may make a UR also.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Eh, don't worry too much about UR, I was just asking since it seemed like a good idea.

-Revan