Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: morrowind GOTY edition

Default morrowind GOTY edition

i just ordered morrowind game of the year edition for PC (what a deal for $20!)
    if im not mistaken it comes with both expansion packs, so my question is
    do they just add on to the game or are they separate games like RTW and BI?

could i install all 3 to begin with and play a character through them or would that not work?
    [BIG MTW2 SIG]
    Skyhigh - can't go out at night because he'd bump his head on the stars.

I beleive the expansion to morrowind just expands the existing universe, so it just tacks on more to the end game leaving the beginning the same.
    Given any number of random, even contradictory metaphysical postulates, a justification, however absurd, can be logically developed.

Mapping advances anybody can use. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39035

bloodmoon I would say adds to the originial game, you get a new island to the north which you can explore freely whenever you want.

tribunal is almost the same, except that it adds only one city which you have to be teleported to. while you can still do this whenever you want, i found that i stayed there, did all the quests, and then basically went back to the original gameworld.

but both are decidedly adding and not "new" games like BI

-deguerra

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I always found tribunal kinda boring.
    After the third quest to go into the sewers I just left the city.
    Bloodmoon however is very good.
    Very nice enviroment, cool quests(In one quest you will actually become the leader over small village) and you have the chance to become a werewolf if you so wish.

Off-topic and not answering your question but man, sweetest game ever. I remember when it came out and those graphics were incredible. Had to be one of the first games with water effects like that. It looked as real as RL.

The new Elder Scrolls game is coming out soon though.. If I knew how to post a link and wasn't too lazy to find out and find the website, the official Elder Scrolls website has trailers for it. How do you imrpove graphics that look as real as real life? Make them realer than real life.

Oblivian is coming in March i hear. Its supposed to be good, but I hear they changed many gameplay concepts.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

such as?

I own this game. GOTY is cool, and I wonder: what is the highest level you've gotten?

Morrowind is a fantastic RPG. However, it gets a little easy once your sneaking/stealing is high. Not to mention cheap Paralyze daggers for the win.
    In patronicum svb lt1956

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I found the stealth classes completely useless. NPCs never really had anything worth stealing, and I'd rather just get really strong and beat my way through a dungeon than sneak through, although Oblivion got guys from the Thief series to make the stealth much better.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    I always found tribunal kinda boring.
    After the third quest to go into the sewers I just left the city.
    Bloodmoon however is very good.
    Very nice enviroment, cool quests(In one quest you will actually become the leader over small village) and you have the chance to become a werewolf if you so wish.
    I think i asked you this before, but i still havent found the main quest in bloodmoon. I have done all quests in Tribunal and almost all quests in Morrowind so the bloodmoon main quest is all that remain. So Where do i get started for the main quest?

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by nahirean
    Morrowind is a fantastic RPG. However, it gets a little easy once your sneaking/stealing is high. Not to mention cheap Paralyze daggers for the win.
    jinksblade = best weapon early in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth
    NPCs never really had anything worth stealing
    errr.. stealing the Houses or ghostbarrier guard stuff early in game is rather practical...
    A newb in full Glass armor...

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Swede
    I think i asked you this before, but i still havent found the main quest in bloodmoon. I have done all quests in Tribunal and almost all quests in Morrowind so the bloodmoon main quest is all that remain. So Where do i get started for the main quest?
    You have ??
    You need to ask around people about Solstheim I think and they will tell you how to get there.
    I can't remember the name of the village but it is a fishing village that has a ride to Solstheim.

You have ??
    You need to ask around people about Solstheim I think and they will tell you how to get there.
    I can't remember the name of the village but it is a fishing village that has a ride to Solstheim.
    Khuul IIRC.
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Quote Originally Posted by Milteades
    Khuul IIRC.
    Yeah I think that is the name too

I think you should find a new island added to your map (when you right click), even if its not marked as Solstheim. I actually did travel there by boat, because someone told me there's a boat that goes there, thinks its located in is it Khuulu?

There are another ways you could get there, swim to the island, but with the dangers of getting eaten by slaughtered fishes or levitate using a levitate spell take ages to get there.

I think if you ask anyone around anywhere you should get an option with the word Solstheim, most would say its a terrible place, some might tell you where exactly the ship is to take you there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhigh
    if im not mistaken it comes with both expansion packs, so my question is
    do they just add on to the game or are they separate games like RTW and BI?

could i install all 3 to begin with and play a character through them or would that not work?
    I installed morrowind first, and then install tribunal as it says on the instruction book and thridly the bloodmoon one. As to the question I think deguerra says it all.

You have ??
    I have my own manor in solstheim and i have done all missions for the East Empire Company and i have travelled around the entire island. Ive been to the Skaal village, but nobody wanted to talk to me (except the chieftan), but ive never heard of anything concerning the main quest.

Sig by Lord Rahl

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhigh
    I'm interested in Morrowind, though I didn't buy it yet. Can you give some more info on this game of the year edition? I searched on gamespot but there it's only availble for Xbox? Is it available in Europe?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Swede
    I have my own manor in solstheim and i have done all missions for the East Empire Company and i have travelled around the entire island. Ive been to the Skaal village, but nobody wanted to talk to me (except the chieftan), but ive never heard of anything concerning the main quest.
    hhmm what about the quests that are given to you by the commander at the fort ??

hhmm what about the quests that are given to you by the commander at the fort ??
    What?? oh amn... i killed him according to a mission. You see when you do alot of missions in the mining town, you work for two people, right? One is at the town and the other is at the fort, and at some time you like have to choose your alliance between those two. And i chosed the dude in the town (the good guy). And in one of the last quests you do for the good guy you get ordered to arrest the bad guy, but then the bad guy attacks you and you have to kill him. So i hope we're not talking of the same person..

Sig by Lord Rahl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast