View Poll Results: Are you Chivalrous or Cruel?

Voters
204. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Lean Chivalrous

74 36.27%
  • I Lean Cruel

57 27.94%
  • I'm in the Middle

73 35.78%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Are You Richard the Lionheart or Vlad the Impaler?

Default Re: Are You Richard the Lionheart or Vlad the Impaler?

Wat. Nice necro. As creator of this thread, please let it die in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post
    In Medieval II: Total War, I definitely lean Chivalrous. Seems to offer better benefits.

Then again, in Stronghold, I built Execution Blocks, Gallows, and Cesspits so my peasants would work harder (fear is one of those great motivators, whereas being a nice guy and building statues and gardens distracts the simple-minded peasants, leading to reduced productivity. More swords, not flower-smelling, knaves!). Depends on the game, I suppose.

Dang, I haven't posted here in a long time.
    Well that's rubbish.

Full dread will stomp Chivalry any day.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Not any day... You have to know when you can be dreadful and when you have to be chivalrous. Politics determine most of the way your campaign goes but if you can manipulate the situation (make the Pope your @$*!%, control College of Cardinals, ally with the strong Catholic factions if not a Catholic nation), you can do whatever you want. From my experience you have be chivalrous in most your actions so that when you are dreadful you have enough goodwill built up that some factions will tolerate your actions. Or you could just pay them off to shut them up. It all depends on your playstyle, and whether you want to build a familial tradition of chivalry to develop your infrastructure.
    Last edited by Judeman266; October 31, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    Not any day... You have to know when you can be dreadful and when you have to be chivalrous. Politics determine most of the way your campaign goes but if you can manipulate the situation (make the Pope your @$*!%, control College of Cardinals, ally with the strong Catholic factions if not a Catholic nation), you can do whatever you want. From my experience you have be chivalrous in most your actions so that when you are dreadful you have enough goodwill built up that some factions will tolerate your actions. Or you could just pay them off to shut them up. It all depends on your playstyle, and whether you want to build a familial tradition of chivalry to develop your infrastructure.
    Well, everyday on the battlefield... which determines what happens on the map.

Full dread / Win every battle / Profit?

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Meh... In my experience battles aren't decisive in SS. Battle Dread is not the same thing as strategy dread. I usually end up with prolonged wars ( because I have no desire to win a 400 year campaign in 150 years. You have to pay attention to the alliances forming around you and be trustworthy enough to form a counter alliance.

qounqer's Avatar Libertus

Im more like mao, i destroy all the buildings, disband all my units, and wait for anarcho socilism to take over. it never does :.[

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456