Thread: Mission Impossible ?

Default Mission Impossible ?

Hi guys, any of you managed in the sub-mod dominion of britiania to win with the southern irish faction in VH/VH mod?

I've tried it and despite destroying the southern province of the norwegians in ireland and conquering the rebel province on my way, I was extremely bankcrupt despite dispatching my fleet and monk unit ... With 4 regions under my command I regain the big losses and was close for not being bankcrupt when the norwegians send half of a full army and when I manage to just about win the siege they attack both of my 2 main provinces at the same time ... when I can only built peasants even in my original capital ! ...

I can see some of you managed to win with the ui neill faction but as anyone else done with the other irish celts?

Your advices/experience would be most interesting

Default Re: Mission Impossible ?

No, not on VH/VH, and I'm not sure how feasible that would be, seeing how that's anything but the recommended difficulty. It probably won't result in a satisfying gaming experience, regardless of the outcome.

If it's doable at all, it'll be doable in much the same way that you win any other mod/game on VH/VH - exploit the living hell out of the inept AI.

You can't win melees, and thus by definition, are screwed in sieges, and should take the necessary steps to avoid those, but in field battles, (light) cavalry supported by some missile troops (slingers are ideal, but Kerns will do) should let you win with very few casualties, even against seemingly overwhelming odds.
    VH boosts attack and morale, both of which becomes fairly meaningless when they're dead by cavalry charge to the rear after having been baited out of formation by a few (harmless) missiles.

This will get a lot easier if you attack towards Dublin, not Cork - you probably won't take Dublin, but the Norwegians will send small forces after you that you can then engage to your advantage on the side of steep mountains.

I'd be much more worried about the Ui Neill, as this being VH, they will attack you, and just kill your fragile army that was so successful in running circles around the Norwegians with a deluge of stat-boosted missiles.

I've managed to unite Ireland with the MoL on H/H, so that's definitely possible, but the large amout of Celtic missile units that you inevitably face in the process made it very slow going - chances are that on VH, it'll stop you in your tracks.