Thread: About the "Bored" trait

Default About the "Bored" trait

Any chance the script used to award it can evaluate your treasury first? I mean my guys are not bored on purpose, I just don't have the money to let them romp around the countryside or build monuments for their bemusement!

Foederatus

When one of my guys gets the bored trait but I have no intentions to make them leave the town, I just take them out of the town and put them back in it within the same turn. It works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by scipio_aemilianus
    When one of my guys gets the bored trait but I have no intentions to make them leave the town, I just take them out of the town and put them back in it within the same turn. It works perfectly.
    yup, I do that too. I try to use up almost all of their movement points, as I find this keeps the "bored" trait away for longer. If you just step outside, using little movement points, the trait is back next turn.

But if you use up too many movement points your general might get the "tired" traits which is murder for your generals stats...

Whenever my generals get the "bored" trait I always make them wander the countryside (about 1-2 tiles away from the city) with about half of their movement points. This seems to get rid of the trait while also preventing the "tired" and "forced march" traits.

I Just ingore them and the game plays out the same. Bored or not I still kick ass.

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    But if you use up too many movement points your general might get the "tired" traits which is murder for your generals stats...
    Ahahah, are you being sarcastic?

Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

No I'm not, if you force march your army/generals a lot they might gain the tired or very tired trait or even the exhausted trait. All three are very bad and the stat loss for each gets progressively worse as you can imagine.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

what are the effects of the "bored" trait
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

See, once again, I was hoping EB would actually discourage us from "gaming the game". As it is, a number of gameplay decisions are directly influenced, and not in a positive way imo, by some of EB's features. It's nothing a few tweaks wouldn't help but I fear the scope of EB's changes makes this a rather daunting task for anyone outside the team.

Our chief traiter just is still on a bit of a break I believe. Express concerns and give him a little time.

Personally, I'm very understanding of a lot of the things though that happen like the 'bored' trait. If I want to forget about a general and leave him in a mediocre city for an extended period, then I don't expect him to get better all the time. Sometimes he does, especially if he likes that kind of thing. But some guys just aren't made for that type of life. If I want to leave them alone, then it would be weird and wrong for them to actually get better under those circumstances.

I agree. I guess it's just my bad luck like I said that all my guys are not the stay-at-home type and I don't have the money to have them do anything productive like build something or go on an expedition. Simply put, I am hobbled by the fact that I refuse to game the game.

Make sure you get some langorous but sharp guys who can lounge around the city and govern it well. Look out for good ethnicities for that type of individual too (if you play a faction that has some already). I get so excited when I see the new candidates for adoption/marriage!

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

The factions with with the ethnicities are quite nice. It makes it easier to find that person who will be a good governer, though I have had some people out of touch with what their ethnicity makes them lean towards. I had one Athenian as the KH that was quite the battle commander.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous
    The factions with with the ethnicities are quite nice. It makes it easier to find that person who will be a good governer, though I have had some people out of touch with what their ethnicity makes them lean towards. I had one Athenian as the KH that was quite the battle commander.
    That's actually good to hear. Sometimes you can tell the trait had a lot to do with what they start out with though (the traits they start with). Having good ethnicities with detailed effects on acquisition of other traits is something that seems so natural now. Somehow I don't think CA ever would have come up with that idea though. :laughing: But it's good to come up with a lot of good traits for a faction first, before assigning the ethnicities, since you want them to affect those traits.

LorDBulA's Avatar Biarchus

No I'm not, if you force march your army/generals a lot they might gain the tired or very tired trait or even the exhausted trait. All three are very bad and the stat loss for each gets progressively worse as you can imagine.
    Force marching is nothing terrible. Sure its not good if you have to fight battle but if you have time to rest then its not a problem. Give a guy a break, he will rest and stop being tired.