Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1

Default [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1

Since there won't be any updates of Siegfriedfr's submod, I decided to make myself a Four Turns per Year submod compatible with Roma Surrectum 2.1 for all those who like slow-playing like me. This is particularly suited for 1-turn campaigns. Playing 0-turn campaigns with this submod will really end up in an endless agony fighting 4975 battles each turn for twice as many turns.

It is pretty much self-explainatory, this mini submod adds a 4tpy section to all background scripts. This means you just have to activate the RS II main background script, and the 4tpy will be activated as well, no need of special triggers.

Character ages traits have been adapted doubling their threshold value. Movement points for characters have been decreased from 240 to 160.

INSTALL AND BACKUP FILES ARE CONTAINED INTO A SINGLE .7z ARCHIVE.
    If your archive manager can't handle .7z files, download this.

INSTALLATION: Just copy\paste the content of the "RS 2.1 4tpy Mod" folder into your RS II main folder, overwriting everything.

BACKUP: Just copy\paste the content of the "RS 2.1 4tpy Backup" folder into your RS II main folder, overwriting everything.

- This is NOT savegame compatible. You can't start a campaign with 2tpy and then make it 4tpy, or it will mess up traits and it is very likely to cause campaign-killing CTDs. Likewise, you can't start a campaign with 4tpy and then go back to 2tpy.

- Remember to delete all your map.rwm files.

- It is fully compatible with my Map submod and with any other submod that doesn't touch the background script and\or the character traits.

Report any issues in this thread. Enjoy!

---Download v1.1--- (updated with post-battle fix)
    Last edited by Spartan 666; December 01, 2010 at 01:47 PM.

Crossblizzard's Avatar Libertus
    Well as I said above I'm currently stationed in Sweden, Dalarna.

Default Re: [RS 2.1] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1 -UPDATED WITH BATTLE FIX

This is utterly awesome, can't understand that no one have given you some feedback. Well I suppouse I'll be the first, thank you

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblizzard View Post
    This is utterly awesome, can't understand that no one have given you some feedback. Well I suppouse I'll be the first, thank you
    Also along the same lines Ive been using it since you relesed it, great job (used the 4tpy on 2.0, now thanks to you i got it for 2.1 too)
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

Thank you very much guys!

I love 4 tpy and 1 turn recruitment but I'm not sure I like 2.1 patch. Its not realistic that every town I destroy and leave alone become roman rebel instead of being rebuild by native people.... My strategy sometimes demands sending penal expeditions to destroy enemies towns when faction is too agresive but not to occupy all conquest lands... It is not my intention to change all the world into roman rebel
    Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad but not ill.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

good work
    take a well earned +rep
    the devs should implement this in a future patch...
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by drecie14 View Post
    the devs should implement this in a future patch...
    uffffffff...
    good beware ....

Sparty: You know how I mean that, do you ?...
    Last edited by chris10; December 09, 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

Great i like to play slow aswell thanks

@ dhaalque: this is a thing I really hate, too. The Free People faction was perfect to represent pillow and little independent states, now all free territories belong to the slave faction and then they rebel to the roman rebels. This, imho, just sucks.

@ drecie14: thank you dude! Anyway I don't think the RS team will ever do that, because DVK seems to hate 4tpy.

@ chris10: mmm...no, I'm not sure I have got this.

@ Samariten: at least in RTW, slow play pays!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    @ chris10: mmm...no, I'm not sure I have got this.
    .... Iam simply no 4tpy player and making it default would kill the game for me...so...
    good beware....

making it an option...yup...

Oh, now I've got it! I agree with you, 4tpy is a typical thing that you can either hate or love, so making it an install option is the best choice.

Civis

Very underrated mod IMO. Extends the game by quite a bit and keeps my favorite generals from aging so quickly.
    YATS Character: Senator Servius Claudius Caninus, Age: 30, Plebeian.

from here…:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=396673&page=6
    As for "Ancilliaries", I'm afraid it is incompatible with the Four Turns per Year; unless you don't adjust it manually for 4tpy.
    Hell's bells!

you could say me like making it?

since I have already installed Ancillares, I would have to renounce to 4tpy........

Default Re: [RS 2.1a] RS II Four Turns per Year v1.1 -UPDATED WITH BATTLE FIX

So does this mod offer all that Siegfrieds mod offers and then some? Im currently using Siegfrieds mod, could uninstall and put this one in if better?

also can i use this with chris10's Shieldwall Mod because im looking for a way to combine these, unless yours has the Shieldwall functionality in it? I only use RTW.EXE i dont have BI.

cheers,

G.

No, this one offers only the four turns per year script. A lot of Siegfried's tweaks have been featured by default in RS II.

My mod doesn't touch unit files, so you can combine it with chris10's mod. I have no idea if you can have shieldwall if you don't have BI, though.

I have no idea if you can have shieldwall if you don't have BI, though.
    as this is a fake shieldwall...you can

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfson View Post
    So does this mod offer all that Siegfrieds mod offers and then some? Im currently using Siegfrieds mod, could uninstall and put this one in if better?
    also can i use this with chris10's Shieldwall Mod because im looking for a way to combine these, unless yours has the Shieldwall functionality in it? I only use RTW.EXE i dont have BI.
    cheers,
    G.

you can use 4tpy, Map Tweaks and Shieldwall...thats no problem...
    but Siegfrieds submod is not compatible with Shieldwall as both change the EDU...you have to decide for either one or the other
    Last edited by chris10; January 10, 2011 at 04:20 AM.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

I don't suppose there is any way to limit winter movement points, is there? To simulate the difficulties inherent in fighting in the winter?
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Quote Originally Posted by Silius Saurus View Post
    I don't suppose there is any way to limit winter movement points, is there? To simulate the difficulties inherent in fighting in the winter?
    No...thats impossible due to the engines limitations

Aren't there mods out there that limit winter movement by "winter campaign season"? I'm sure that repman's Bare Bones mod has it and it does indeed limit winter movement.

Edit: There it is:
    Trait Winter_Campaigning
    Characters all
    AntiTraits Summer_Campaigning, Winter_Warrior_Germans, Diplomat_Winter_Movement_Germans, Spy_Winter_Movement_Germans, Assassin_Winter_Movement_Germans, Winter_Warrior_Sarmatians, Diplomat_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians, Spy_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians, Assassin_Winter_Movement_Sarmatians

Level Winter_Campaigning_Season
    Description Winter_Campaigning_Season_desc
    EffectsDescription Winter_Campaigning_Season_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect MovementPoints -20
    Last edited by toluas; January 11, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

Actually it is possible to reduce winter movement points. This can be done by scripting, like all these kind of things (supplies, senate offices, etc).

But my skills in scripting are nearly non-existent, so if someone else can make and test a modification, I will be more than glad to add it to this mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast