Thread: short on cash

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Default short on cash

It seems whenever I play the Seleucid Empire, whether on Vanilla or any of the RTR versions, I have trouble making money. City garrisons are at the minimal, I have no field armies except to battle rebels, and then I immediatly disband them. I build roads, markets and ports and I have even conquered the supposedly rich lands of Egypt and yet I remain just above debt.

So, does anyone have some advice
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Well the only thing I could tell you aside from what you have already done is disband any fleets you may have. Those really hurt your economy. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

...In addition to the fleets, I also disband all cavalry units at the start of the game, you simply cannot afford them at the start.

Casius Cherea's Avatar Libertus

if you made some protectorate this could be bug that gives all your money to subdued faction...
    check your governors they may have bad traits witch cut out your income (simply take all of your governors one by one out of the city and see how the citys income changes)
    you can improve your governors a lot by retinue swapping...