Thread: roman military reform

Casius Cherea's Avatar Libertus

Default roman military reform

what triggers marian reform? i want to play roman faction with republic army as long as i can but reforms occurs to fast for me
    (historicaly it happend in I century bc but in game it is about 220 bc)
    is there any way to slow down this event (without big mods)?

Marian Reforms are triggerd by having an Imperial Palace in Italy and, since version 1.2, being beyond 220 BCE. It doesnt happen at exactly 220 BCE but at a random year after that (chances increase with every passing year after 220). If you still want to keep playing with Republican units you can always edit the Export_descr_building.txt file but make a backup of it before you mess around with the file.

Casius Cherea's Avatar Libertus

thanks homi i'll try this

Quote Originally Posted by Casius Cherea
    (historicaly it happend in I century bc but in game it is about 220 bc)
    is there any way to slow down this event (without big mods)?
    It happed 107bc historically but on rtw with the julii i already conquered the entire known world (apart from Rome) and every province. Thats what i dont like bout RTW, the game should be brought forward a centurary. Just look anty the romans, they didnt conquar gaul until caeser came along and he was born in 100bc!!

next time i'm going to start a campaign again (waiting fo SPQR 6.0) i'm going to change the start date to 150BC. i think that since 1.3 the trigger is only imperial palace, correct me if i'm wrong. if thats the case, then i will simply use the construction queue cheat on my capital, or remove the "and marius_reforms" lol...
    i think it will be more realistic...
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle