Thread: Need help with "Realistic" succession scenario for Causa Belli mod

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Need help with "Realistic" succession scenario for Causa Belli mod

What I need is someone to change a campaign save to a startpos.esf. Can this be done easily?

The plan:

I'll start a game with a faction in Cause Belli lite. After my Faction leader dies, I'll send that volunteer my save game to convert to a startpos.esf.
    Then... I'll use that startpos as the "starting point" of other CBelli campaigns, with different factions.

As in:
    The great Prussian King died in 1734, after building a huge and powerful empire, making his empire the most powerful in Europe... His successor was a douche.
    On the other hand Austria (or any other playable faction I may pick) diminished in 2 provinces by the mighty Prussians found the opportunity to strike back.

Why I desire this (and much):

It's no secret that after you secure say 12 provinces in Europe + all of India, with your elite armies and have an income of 25K and you're decades ahead of everyone else in tech, the game is easy. How many of you felt any real Challenge after the first 100 turns?
    But what if... you had to face your former, vast, powerful, advanced, rich empire? That would be a new challenge.

Some may say "And why don't you start over with the new empire?"
    Well, because then what I did all those 100 turns wouldn't have mattered in the alternate history I'm building. Also I feel that there's something epic in facing your 7 star general in combat and feel the sting of the mighty army you've made.

Also I find it more realistic to have an empire rise and fall in power than have a succession of very succesful emperors that for 80 years ruled with about the same way (yours way, whatever that is).

EDIT: Fortes' reply solves this problem. Rep him and the guy that made the tutorial. It takes about 5 mins and it's worth at least 10 hours of gaming. You also don't have to worry about blitzing.
    Periodically I'll upload startpos I made, the first one is 4 posts down the road.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 16, 2010 at 04:53 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Need help with "Realistic" succession scenario for Causa Belli mod

If all you want is to make a save game a startpos.esf then i can make it for you

Any way you can do it your self because it's really easy, just use this tutorial and in one minute it will be done.
    Last edited by ForteS; November 24, 2010 at 06:46 PM.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Thanks.
    +rep.

alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

OK, time for the great experiment:

It's 1727. Frederick I, The "King in Prussia" as he liked to refer to himself even though he easily had the power to proclaim himself king or even Emperor, is dead. He took a weak country of two unconnected cities with some land around them and turn Prussia to the mightiest empire Europe has seen after the fall of the Eastern Roman Empire. Prussia streches from France to Lithuania, bordering Spain and Russia and from Sweden to Bavaria bordering Norway and Denmark and the Italian states and the remnants of the Holy Roman Empire, allies to the Prussians but torn up from rebellions. Prussia has a strong presence in India, after nearly overthrowing the Marathas to help their Mughal allies. All of Southern India is in Prussian hands.
    The Death of the Prussian Emperor came in a somewhat unfortunate time. Spain declared war and while most of the rebellions in India have been crushed, there's still some unrest in some of the German states under Prussia. With the death of Frederick I, a glorious chapter in the history of Prussia and one of the most important periods of Europe ends.

Far to the east, after millenia of dormancy a new chapter of world history is about to start. The Persian Empire, ally for decades with Prussia, seems to bide its time to spring to greatness again. After all, the Persian sultan was a personal friend to the King in Prussia, securing a sizeable contribution to Persian coffers from the dying king's Will.
    Last edited by alhoon; November 26, 2010 at 05:13 AM.

For those that are interested:

DMUC 6.7, Causa Belli light mod. I played with Persia for about 10 hours, autoresolving most battles (I played 2-3 sieges, when I was attacking).

1735 winter. Persia is a Superpower with vast lands and armies.

Here is the Startpos. If you decide to try that, backup the Custom Campaign Startpos and use this one instead. When you start, save the game and immediately load for the game to start normally.

- Some of the factions aren't available since they have been conquered.
    - The original text for each faction isn't correct nor is the number of regions each faction holds.
    - Spain is the only faction that starts at war with Persia, but Persia soon declares war on a number of neighbors.
    - Russia, Mughals and Dagestan start allied with Persia and Courland and Crimean Khanate start as protectorates. Both have more than one region.
    - Persia doesn't have any province in the Americas but is everywhere else.
    - The first turn (except that you need to load for the game to run properly) Persia is really laggy.
    - No, I didn't do all these in 35 years. I played 99 (or 100 not sure) turns and set the date to 1735. Incidentally, that took me about 10-10 1/2 hours.
    - You can play as Persia but that takes the "s" out of "slaughter". It's really, really easy to play wiht Persia when she has more or less won.

Just in case you want it, here is a "mini" mod of a few minor personal changes that I used.
    Mainly it decreases the agent speed by half and Hassassim can now sabotage armies. If you want it, add it on the script.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 14, 2010 at 03:41 AM.

Can you add a screenshot? i don't want to play it but I'm curios

Good point

Maps:

ANd as a thumbnail for those even more curious for Central Europe since the map isn't clear.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Looks like a good campaign... I think I said before that I wanted to try your idea, but I've been too lazy to actually build an empire. So downloading +rep

EDIT: Won't let me give you any rep...
    Last edited by Okmin; December 15, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Propably you reped me earlier.
    Tell me how it goes. Personally I've been playing with Prussia and Persia gave me a hell of a time. I had to bribe them all the time to avoid their attacks. The problem was that Persia after a few turns "stabilized" and started acting more rationally. More rationally = started gulping up regions and bringing stacks to my borders.

PS. To my ultimate disappointment cleanly Persian troops can scale walls. I would edit them to remove their hooks but I don't know how!
    Can someone tell me what I should change so they won't be able to scale walls?

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What I need is someone to change a campaign save to a startpos.esf. Can this be done easily?

The plan:

I'll start a game with a faction in Cause Belli lite. After my Faction leader dies, I'll send that volunteer my save game to convert to a startpos.esf.
    Then... I'll use that startpos as the "starting point" of other CBelli campaigns, with different factions.

As in:
    The great Prussian King died in 1734, after building a huge and powerful empire, making his empire the most powerful in Europe... His successor was a douche.
    On the other hand Austria (or any other playable faction I may pick) diminished in 2 provinces by the mighty Prussians found the opportunity to strike back.

Why I desire this (and much):

It's no secret that after you secure say 12 provinces in Europe + all of India, with your elite armies and have an income of 25K and you're decades ahead of everyone else in tech, the game is easy. How many of you felt any real Challenge after the first 100 turns?
    But what if... you had to face your former, vast, powerful, advanced, rich empire? That would be a new challenge.

Some may say "And why don't you start over with the new empire?"
    Well, because then what I did all those 100 turns wouldn't have mattered in the alternate history I'm building. Also I feel that there's something epic in facing your 7 star general in combat and feel the sting of the mighty army you've made.

Also I find it more realistic to have an empire rise and fall in power than have a succession of very succesful emperors that for 80 years ruled with about the same way (yours way, whatever that is).
    Very good idea - love it!!!
    +Rep.....

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Very good idea - love it!!!
    +Rep.....
    Thanks mate... but you should rep the one that made the tutorial and the esf.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Thanks mate... but you should rep the one that made the tutorial and the esf.
    and who gave you the link to the tutorial

OK, OK, rep Fortes too.